Suspension Air Bags

Discussion in 'Tow Vehicles, Hitch & Towing' started by mattlreese, Aug 8, 2018.

1. mattlreese

mattlreese Active Member

I tow a 2500 lbs popup camper with a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Mini-van. Towing is find but It has about 2 inches of sag and I would like to install air bags to help. Unfortunately, there are no air bags out yet for my van.

Has anyone had any luck installing universal fit air bags and has a recommendation for me?

Also please do not post if you are say something negative about mini van towing. The van tows the popup just fine and I have not had any issues. I just want to make sure I have the best towing setup possible.

2. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

I had an old Mercury Villager that I had to take to a spring shop and had a helper spring added to each side.

3. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member

Contact the customer service for the brand bag you want to use. It's possible that the parts for the 2017 model will work unless there's been major changes for the Pacifica suspension.

sstressfl likes this.
  4. mattlreese

mattlreese Active Member

@ SteveP, the 2017 model was the first year the van was out and no no one has those either sadly.

5. sstressfl

sstressfl New Member

You should call a Chrysler dealer and see if the rear coil part numbers changed from the older model to the new Pacifica. If the part is the same, it's a good chance the air bags designed to fit the older Grand Caravan would fit.

(Oops, I just saw SteveP's reply above... ditto!)