Tell Us Your Favorite Rally Story !

Discussion in 'General Rally Info' started by PopUpSteve, Feb 17, 2012.

1. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    I was talking to Beerlifter the other day about the 2012 Oklahoma Rally and we started recanting our favorite rally stories. So I thought it would be great to hear everyone's best rally stories. This way those who haven't been to a rally yet can see what fun it can be to get together with people you've only met through the Internet. [:O] Even though your Mother told you never to do that.

2. mschepac

mschepac South Jersey

Apr 22, 2008
    South Jersey
    We were at the French Creek 2010 rally. My favorite thing was sitting around the fire Saturday night after an awesome pot luck dinner, and one of the other attendees (I cant recall his name anymore) brought along his guitar. Playing songs by request. The DW and I had a great time listening and singing along.
    ms

3. cuckoo

cuckoo Active Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Okeechobee, FL
    At our very first rally the group had a hard time getting the fire started... The group consisted of 3 campers situated in a triangle at the end of the loop. Fire pit being in the middle of said campers. Well wagonmaster happened to have a nice fat pine lightered log... Made for a really huge fire... Luckily my camper was across the way... [:D] They'll never let me live it down...
    Let see Jmcclung popping a wheelie... Salt Springs Saran Wrapping of pups... Kampdixie heading out in a tornado to go hiking... Countless memories and I'm sure more will be added...

4. Rustyk

Rustyk New Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Pa.
    I will never forget the two Mennonite rally. That really was one of the best ever. Made a lot of GREAT friends that weekend.

5. Beerlifter

Beerlifter Oklahoma, It's not just for Indians anymore!

Jun 22, 2006
    Oklahoma City , Oklahoma
    One of mine would have to be at the 2nd or 3rd Okie Rally. I had devised a game called the Amazing Race (Camping Style) in which each member had to complete a certain task to move on to the next clue (eg. Ice Fishing ( large ice chest with 30 budweisers and 1 coke. Find the coke and drink it). Pitch it ( put up a tent without instructions). Letters in the Sand ( scrabble letters in a tupperware container full of sand. Find all the letters and spell a well known camping equipment maker *Coleman*). There were a couple of others that I'm sure others will remember that where there!! After these tasks where completed they then took off to find there other clue, which just happened to be on the other side of the pond!!! One had to go by paddle boat and the other by land (teams, of course, consisted of two players). Once the found CompuCamper (a lucky member of the rally that choose not to play!) they where handed there next clue. When all was said on done all the members had brought back the makings to build a campfire and where awarded matches by the times in which there tasks where performed, they however didn't know that this is what they where to do while playing the game.

This rally took place in the middle of summer here in Oklahoma and it was quite warm. I had so much fun watching the other rally members trudging around trying to complete each task!! I do however need to mention that I was told to NEVER, EVER devise a game like that again or there would be a murder investigation due to my death!!!

All in all everyone had a great time and won some really nice prizes and certificates. Definetely one of my most memorable rallys!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. MarcnAngel

MarcnAngel New Member

Jun 6, 2014
    I know this is an old thread, but just looking through the forums. We love watching the amazing race and this sounds like it would be so much fun! Great idea!

7. WeRJuliIan

WeRJuliIan If it's "Aluminum", why not "Sodum" and "Uranum"?

May 15, 2014
    Sarasota, FL
    How to organise an RV rally.. With tips on annoying the maximum number of people...

1 Choose a location right on a main road, close to the centre of town.
    2 Have all 300 of your giant RVs arrive by different routes, in the middle of the working day. This way, enough people will call the local police and complain about the horrendous congestion, that they will show up and close several major streets for a few hours.
    3 As your location, pick a fairground that has no hookups of any kind, so that everyone has to run their generators all night.
    4 Don't use the actual fairground site, but shove them in the parking lot.
    5. Park them so close that the slide outs are hitting each other
    6 Leave them there for three days, then reverse the process, closing the roads again to get them all back out.

Sarcasm? Yes, a bit
    Funny? Not if you were trying to get to work, or home, through all the chaos, or sleep through the noise.
    Couldn't happen? Well it did, a week ago here in Sarasota...

8. Rynderz

Rynderz Lifelong Camper

Aug 5, 2011
    SE Wisconsin
    Glad this thread was resurrected!

Favorite to date is bahb....... He is a story unto himself! He tells awesome stories and at Pokagen last Halloween we were sitting around the campfire, with bahb regaling us with hilarity until someone says --
    "Hey bahb - you're on fire." bahb's frayed jeans had caught a spark and were indeed starting to burn [:O] [CF] :shocked: [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

He then was nominated as this year's Midwest Spring Wagonmaster - you should join us for that one! [;)]

9. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Certainly not a PUP Rally I hope??

10. WeRJuliIan

WeRJuliIan If it's "Aluminum", why not "Sodum" and "Uranum"?

May 15, 2014
    Sarasota, FL
    As far as I could tell, nothing less than about 50 feet, 3 bedrooms, two bath and a swimming pool

11. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Yikes! Sounds awful.

12. Darn

Darn Pup to Hybrid

Apr 5, 2013
    Only been to 2 rally's so far, and I have to thank Nate for the first one, and all I can say is....bring an extra chair [LOL]

The second one had more to do with the neighbor who thought our camp sites were her path to the restrooms. [}:)] [:(!] [V]

Or 2cold beers trying to be everyone's bathroom buddy [LOL]

13. Bullfrog Bheer

Bullfrog Bheer Active Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Central Wisconsin
    Too many good ones with that crazy bunch I rally with to think of just one. [:D]

14. Rynderz

Rynderz Lifelong Camper

Aug 5, 2011
    SE Wisconsin
    Wait until you join the rest of the Miscreants!! [;)] [;)]

@Holly MI we had friartuck rummage through our cooler looking for -- what else [CB]

15. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Perry, MI
    I don't recall that [CB] [CB] [CB] [CB] [CB] [CB] [:)O] [:D]

I won a kid at the Michigan Rally a couple of years ago . . .

16. Bullfrog Bheer

Bullfrog Bheer Active Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Central Wisconsin
    I thought we had to be careful about raccoons raiding the cooler. Maybe he should change his name to CoonRaider. [:D]