Terrible weather up north east.

Discussion in 'General Weather Forum' started by nineoaks2004, Aug 12, 2018.

1. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    I was just watching the news on the weather channel, the flooding up in Mass. and that area is terrible, plus the subway going off rail. My heart goes out to ya'll up in that area and the whole north east. I can only imagine what the camp grounds are going to look like after this mess is over. I will say a prayer for ya"ll. Be safe and be careful. Good luck

2. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Mass
    Not that bad. We are used to rain around here. My city, Peabody, got 7.8" of rain yesterday. It is pretty dry today. It did fill up my pool to the top.

3. mpking

mpking Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Raynham, MA
    Localized flooding mostly. Heavy rain is not unusual for us, so we have decent drainage.

It's when it's been going on for a long time that it's a problem.

The train that de-railed was de-railed due to debris left on the track by flooding. IE the train driver should have seen it an stopped, but he didn't.

For reference, the Green line, the trolley that derailed, had 3 derailment last year.

4. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

Thanks for the Love. We needed the water anyways. Besides that it's how Mass cleans the streets.

5. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Sep 11, 2008
    Morris County, NJ
    Same for Jersey, we needed the rain!!! Some bad flooding in areas. We were driving home from a camping trip in south Jersey and a flash flood hit the Garden State Parkway near the 98 mile marker. What a mess. It took us 2 hours to drive 21 miles!!! The drive home took us 3.5 hours for a 1.5 trip normally!!

6. nineoaks2004

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    I had a truck that was that slow once :)
    Glad you really had no bad problems other than getting antsy with the backed up traffic.

7. nineoaks2004

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    I believe I would rather take another train (or better yet drive) sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.