Things not to do at a campground...

Discussion in 'Campground Etiquette' started by Sharpsburg, Aug 16, 2013.

1. crackerJack

crackerJack Active Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Scottsville, KY
    That doesn't have anything to do with the color anyone's neck, or the style of music. I believe you are describing "Trash". It comes in all colors.

kcsa75 likes this.
  2. unclemark

unclemark Overland Park, KS

May 15, 2014
    Overland Park, KS
    Floyd! Floyd! Floyd!
    Yes, I was once attempting to enjoy the outdoors while one 12 yo was hollering another's name, constantly. And the name was Floyd.

3. NegrilJerry

NegrilJerry Newbies in GA, we LOVE this site!

Mar 23, 2015
    CrackerJack - you are 100% right, the demographic doesn't matter - some folks just don't care about anyone but themselves.

4. Wardog07D

Wardog07D New Member

Sep 11, 2015
    Huntington, WV
    If you're experiencing those rules at your prestigious campground and you're still going there and paying the exorbitant rates, you're part of the problem! Your money talks! It's saying "I approve the rules changes you've made! Here's my money!" Personally, if I wanted an HOA, I'd buy a timeshare in Florida.

5. Wardog07D

Wardog07D New Member

Sep 11, 2015
    Huntington, WV
    That's highly subjective and NOT YOUR PLACE to police other's parenting.

6. BirdsNest

BirdsNest Member

Jun 12, 2017
    Utah
    Invite a dozen of your most obnoxious friends to your site to see who can drink the most alcohol and shout obscenities the loudest until 2 AM, and throw empty (and not so empty) beer cans at anyone who asks you to not be quite so loud. This happened at the campground we visited last weekend. I didn't witness the can throwing, only heard about it later. But we definitely heard the drunken shouting from the other side of the campground at least 300 yards away. If I can hear what you are yelling at that distance, you're too loud regardless of the time of day...