Tire Size Upgrade

Discussion in 'Tow Vehicles, Hitch & Towing' started by jumpoff, Jun 14, 2018.

1. jumpoff

jumpoff I'm in a camping state of mind

Nov 3, 2015
    North East Florida
    I'm responsible for maintaining the family fleet of vehicles which now is about 8. I'm buying a couple sets of tires every year it seems. The website I buy my tires from is called tiresize.com. What I like about it is that you can compare your tire size to other tire sizes so that you can select larger(or smaller) tires for your next purchase. It compares the tires dimensionally so you can see what the differences will be. I'm not necessarily advocating for increasing your tire size but it is nice to have options. The other feature is once you determine a size you get a list of suppliers that can provide that size and a price quote. I've purchased 5 sets using this web site and have never paid shipping or sales tax.

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    I use a tire size calculator, which allows you to select current/stock tire rim size and plug in a new tire size/rim size and you can see the increase or decrease rpm and mph differences.. Came in very handy while shopping for snow tires for vehicles... down size the rim up size the tire and vice versa ..

3. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    For the trailer consider the load rating it is very important.

4. jerbear

jerbear Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Indiana
    Thanks for that bit of info ,I'm going to check them out . I have back tires with dry rot and newer front tires the truck came that way and I am replacing all of them with the original tire from the factory and its important to me they be all the same .