Tires

Discussion in 'Tires / Brakes / Bearings / Axles' started by Sassy1, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Sassy1

Sassy1 New Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Palm Springs, California
    Anyone out there familiar with the Contender tires by Taskmaster? It's a brand sold at America's Tire here in Southern California.

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    I don't have any experience with those but I know eTrailer sells them. They're one of our sponsors so be sure to checkout their pricing.

3. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    When I bought mine a few weeks ago, I found every tire had bad and good reviews. So it didn't matter what you got. So I bought who ever had my size that could get it to me the fastest.

4. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member

May 21, 2015
    I bought a set in June at Discount Tire. One reason for buying was the higher speed rating, 80 mph for the for the 13" radials IIRC. I'm pleased with the way they track but don't have any long term experience with them.

5. gatorbait

gatorbait Upstate, SC

Jan 7, 2006
    Spartanburg, SC
    Cannot say anything about the Contenders but I can vouch for etrailer.com. Ordered a set of Loadstars and they arrived in 2 days with free shipping (and not squish flat like my last set). Took them to local tire shop and they swapped them off the rims for $10.

6. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    I don't have any experience with Contenders, but they get very good reviews on eTrailer, which I consider a trustworthy source.

When I replaced the tires on my Pup last year I bought the tires and wheels already mounted and changed put them on the trailer at the campground. By the time you pay for mounting and balancing (some will disagree, but I would absolutely have them balanced) the price for the tire/wheel combo is probably less than buying tires and having them mounted. [:)C]

7. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    I have bought small trailer and tire combos....They have never came "balanced", as in having lead weights on the wheels. The tires have a dot the sidewall from the manufacturer that indicate the light spot. The tires are mounted with that dot lined up with the valve stem.

I have ridden almost 200k miles on motorcycles with tires that I have hand mounted using the dot/valve stem with no wear or vibration issues.