To replace or keep till it dies?

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by Kimmygr, Feb 11, 2014.

1. jeff b

jeff b Member

Depending on which shrouds were off, that may be the cause of the compressor getting really hot. The air has to be blowing across the coil to remove the heat from the system.

1999 Ford F-150 4x4
    2001 Jayco Qwest 10

2. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

Well, I bit the bullet, but what can I say, for $570 for the complete unit with interior ceiling kit and heat strip, I think I got a good deal. It can be miserable camping here with no A/C. At least I tried to help out the old one. Hopefully we will get the new one installed this weekend and praying we do not run into any snags (water damage etc.). Hmmm I need to find that thread about those little hose thingy-ma-jiggers people did for the drain pans...

Thankyou again everyone for your help! Now, at least, with tearing apart the old A/C I know a little bit more about maintenance of the new one! I know for sure after each trip I will take a water hose to it and flush out the outer coils to try and avoid any salt residue build up. Especially since we live approx. 3mi from the Gulf.

So far, we have invested a little more into the pup than what we paid for it. Replaced all 3 tires, bought a bag awning, replacing canvas, and now the A/C. I think we will be keeping this pup for a couple years. It is easy to tow and will be even easier when we upgrade to a pickup TV in the future.

Well, wish me luck! I have a lot of reading and rereading to do!

[​IMG]

3. generok

generok Well-Known Member

I am sure you will be reliably cool for many a year now. Congrats!

4. crackerJack

crackerJack Well-Known Member

One less thing to worry about now!

5. COdreaming

COdreaming New Member

Nice looking unit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk