To sticker or not to sticker?!

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by kgesiako, Feb 26, 2019.

When do you get to put sticker on map!

1. Pup must be opened to count!

30.8%
  2. Pup stayed overnight so that counts for something!

33.3%
  3. Pup wheels cross state line so of coarse it counts!

35.9%
  1. tzmartin

tzmartin Well-Known Member

We collect stickers from the places we've spent the night. It's a fun ritual of going to the camp store, selecting the sticker, then adhering it to the pup. Kids like the moment of putting it on.

2. Balthisar

Balthisar Active Member

I don't collect stickers, but I collect refrigerator magnets. And not just for states, but for specific cities in those states (or provinces). Mine are for travel, not for camping in particular. I'm happy that my New Zealand magnets do represent camping, except Auckland, where we dropped off the RV, and only if you consider RV camping “camping.” There is some dispute over the magnet collection with my wife, given that many of my magnets were acquired before meeting her.

Not necessarily, especially in Europe. There’s a little piece of the Netherlands that I drove through a few times going back and forth between Germany and Belgium. I didn’t even stop. I only remember that I was in another country because that few kilometers of highway was brightly lighted at night, whereas Germany and Belgium were dark.

However, because I don’t foresee ever going to Singapore or South Korea, I do count my multi-hour layovers there as having visited those countries, even without an arrival stamp. I do have a little bit of currency from each of them, so I figure that’s good enough for my metrics. :)

3. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

I wish the pup fridge was metal so magnets would stick to it. I bought one once, and found out mine wasn't the hard way.

4. nhlakes

nhlakes Well-Known Member

Just get a small piece of sheetmetal at HD, spray paint it white, and command strip or velcro it to fridge or someplace else. Did that in a couple of campers for magnets.

kgesiako likes this.
  5. PaThacker

PaThacker Well-Known Member

I adorn my frame with PA State Park stickers. Too many parks to hit, not enough time off.

tfischer likes this.
  6. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

We add the State Sticker if we have camped in it with the camper the sticker is on... I also place a few of our favorite camp grounds in another location on the camper... I add the state camped in on my USA ON-LINE MAP visited shown below here...

[​IMG]
    Roy's image

[​IMG]
    Roy's image

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

7. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

Yes! You should absolutely include Louisiana!

8. Overland

Overland Active Member

My son collects the magnets too, I prefer hat pins. I remove the pin portion and glue it to my glove box door.

9. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

We got one of those Maps that you add the state or province sticker to it. We only put sticker of of the states we as a couple have camped in. Its been hanging out in the house. Some day I will put it on the camper. I think the only sticker we added to out camper is an american flag.

10. NothingsChocking

NothingsChocking Active Member

We get a state on our map for driving through it and a silver star over the center of the state if we camp in it. I second enhancing the adhesion with 3M or other. Silver or gold foil stickers don't tend to fade under UV, and get them large enough to see.

kgesiako likes this.
  11. Wakita46

Wakita46 Active Member

I have a map with places for state stickers. I only count it if I slept overnight. 43 so far, although I have been in 47 states with the camper (didn't go far enough south to get to Florida.)
    I also have a map for Canada with stickers. 10 Canadian provinces so far. Planning on adding Newfoundland and Labrador this summer.

12. MfgCampingMomma

MfgCampingMomma New Member

I love this idea, thanks for the image and idea.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  13. Balthisar

Balthisar Active Member

Canada has only ten provinces, unless they've promoted some territories.

14. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

On the previous pup, we had a map where we had gone camping with the kids. Unfortunately that camper was totaled out a couple of years ago. But I got a pic of the map before we said good bye to it and just started from there on the new camper...

The kids and the wife approved. That’s what counts.

15. Wakita46

Wakita46 Active Member

Oops. My bad. Dumb American here. I've been to the ones that touch the US plus PEI and Nova Scotia.

16. sleazy rider

sleazy rider New Member

I'll be starting over with the camper map. Traveled thru to 48 states and six euro countries on a motorcycle over the last decade. Lots of Canada too. The map got stuck on the side of the motorcycle above the Daytona logo.

Daytona.jpg

kgesiako and nhlakes like this.
  17. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

@sleazy rider that must have been a very exciting and painful trip. I met up with three men from NY who were my campground neighbors many years ago. They were on their way to California on their motorcycles. At the time they only just started their trip. Their first stop was that campground.
    I always wondered if they made it.
    Seeing your cycle gives me the hope that they made it and have the stories to give their families.

18. Bowman3d

Bowman3d Active Member

When you get to your relatives house, open up the pup lay down on the bunk then close it up again . It counts...here’s your sticker!

kgesiako and jmkay1 like this.
  19. sleazy rider

sleazy rider New Member

No pain at all. Most trips were a week or two at a time. I did the west coast from Michigan on a two week loop, trying to avoid all freeways. It mostly worked until I got get-home-itis. One solid ride from Santa Rosa, NM to Marshall, MI stopping only for gas. :rolleyes:

jmkay1 likes this.
  20. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

@Bowman3d I can almost guarantee said relative would be asking to see the inside anyway. ;) When I brought my camper to my parents to air it out after a very wet and rainy trip there was a crowd waiting to see it. I pull in wondering what happened.