Today I said goodbye

Discussion in 'Best Wishes/Remembrances for Loved Ones & Friends' started by jmkay1, Sep 22, 2016.

1. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    Today I had to say goodbye to my dog, Sadie. She has been a great camping and hiking partner for 16 years. She watched over our campsites and notified if anyone or thing crossed the campsite boundary. She love the strolls through the campground and the run through the fields. Last month she came with me on one last farewell camping trip which was actually really hard for her, but to see the smile on her face also made it so right. Till we meet again across rainbow bridge

2. Chef Ron

Chef Ron Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Sorry for your loss, sounds like she was a great friend.

3. 92coleman

92coleman New Member

Oct 8, 2015
    Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss. What a lucky girl she was to have you for 16 years.

4. edh

edh Active Member

Jun 2, 2008
    My condolences on the loss of your buddy. Losing a faithful companion really hurts. I hope she is chasing rabbits up in doggy heaven, waiting for you.

5. Antipodes

Antipodes Call me Paul

Jan 28, 2015
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Sorry to see that you will miss your companion.
    Always unpleasant when you have to say goodbye. I am sure she had a remarkable life as you are talking about her here.
    Hope you can see yourself to a new friend in the future to take the edge of the hurt, and remind yourself of the good times.

6. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear of your loss. You had a lot of good years, but that just makes the absence all the harder.

7. rocksncactus

rocksncactus Member

May 10, 2013
    Cobb County, GA
    Oh, no! I'm so sorry. My animals are my life, and it's always devastating when I have to say goodbye to them. What gets me through it is remembering, usually through tears and laughter, their funny little faces and all the wonderful moments we had together.

I know you're holding your other puppy close for comfort.

Lizabeth

8. mickaqua

mickaqua Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Sorry for your loss. It is always sad and tough.
    Think upon the good times!

9. bondo54

bondo54 Active Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Sorry for your loss it is hard when you loose a furry family member. I often wonder when that special one comes along did we pick them or did they pick us?

10. elkmontb10

elkmontb10 Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Sorry for your loss. Our pets are our children and make some of the best camping buddies around. They will be missed when the time comes but will always be there with us when camping.

11. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I'm sorry for your loss. Glad she got to go on a farewell trip.

12. shardtke11

shardtke11 New Member

Apr 7, 2016
    So sorry for your loss. It's hard to let them go. They are part of our family.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

13. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Sorry for your loss. It's a difficult time. Til you meet again.

14. Nandy

Nandy Active Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Let those happy thoughts and memory cradle you during your pain. Sorry for your loss...