toilet ideas please

Discussion in 'Port-A-Potties / Cassette Toilets / Bath Houses' started by Fred1diver, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Fred1diver

Fred1diver Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I'm about to leave for a trip in a week, but the ladies want a toilet for some reason, I guess going to pee outside is not in the cards for them lol.
    I have a 1999 viking pup, so no toilet inside, looking for ideas on how to please the ladies (lol) just a bucket with a pool noodle as a seat or go for a porta potty? any other ideas come to mind?

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    They sell a chemical tolet at wall mart.

Orchid likes this.
  3. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Definitely a chemical toilet if you want them to be happy campers.

4. Kmbrn84

Kmbrn84 New Member

Aug 28, 2018
    I got a chemical toilet, I'm a lady, and very much appreciate it for middle of the night purposes!

Orchid and Sjm9911 like this.
  5. BillyMc

BillyMc Active Member

Mar 25, 2018
    South Carolina
    Rik Peery likes this.
  6. Fred1diver

Fred1diver Member

Sep 11, 2018
    she likes camping a lot, just not a fan of going to the washroom at night, so I might look into one of those

Orchid, Sjm9911 and Kmbrn84 like this.
  7. BillyMc

BillyMc Active Member

Mar 25, 2018
    South Carolina
    Then I would go with a nice flushable chemical toilet in a shelter. The shelter can double duty as a shower shelter also
    (in areas that allow it). Happy wife = happy life!

Jonson01 and Sjm9911 like this.
  8. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    I dont like it eaither, add beer into the picture and i love the chemical tolet!

Rik Peery, Kmbrn84 and Orchid like this.
  9. Dingit

Dingit Active Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Yep, you can get a Thetford portapotty fairly cheaply. They are amazing in their lack of ickiness.

Orchid likes this.
  10. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Last time I went into a bathhouse in the middle of the night, I ran into some homeless/weirdo/druggie people on the floor. It was a state park, too! I'll never go there again. I had one person, on another forum, tell me they have a big homeless population in the woods around the park. He has had run-ins with them on his site in the middle of the night. Not sure why the rangers don't do anything about it. Manatee Springs State Park in Florida, in case anyone was wondering.

I personally prefer my potty inside the camper or tent. I don't even like to go out to a potty tent. I am seriously spoiled anymore. :laugh: Once upon a time, I actually hiked my butt, and my kids to the bathhouses in the night and early morning. Those days are long gone.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  11. Kampus

Kampus Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Slate Belt, Pa
    I picked up a luggable loo for the wife....for No.1 only.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YXBYAC...a19d-0688cbd1a93a&ie=UTF8&qid=1538362045&sr=2

Basic as can be, but she loves it. You can purchase the special bags for it,
    ( https://www.amazon.com/Reliance-Pro..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=PF0M7YMCFWBR4E1T0EBR)
    but she uses regular trash bags with a cup or two of cat litter. (pre-paired in ziplock bags).

We keep it outside the door at night and she grabs it and brings it in to use in the pup if she needs, then back outside it goes. Pitch the bag in the trash in the morning. Beats the hell out of her waking me up in the middle of the night to walk her to the bathroom.

12. Jonson01

Jonson01 New Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Southern IL
    We just finished a weekend with a smaller Thetford toilet from Walmart in a ozark shower/utility tent just outside the door. Wife was very pleased with this setup.

kcsa75 likes this.
  13. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Active Member

Jun 15, 2018
    Virginia
    E-tool/flashlight/GPS...just kidding, no need to have 'em kill you in your sleep...got an "instant pop up" shower thing that can serve as a crapper/changing/washing area, have a Reliant(?) collapsible sit down w/ 3 legs that'll hold a crap sack & use some type powder that gels the wheedle, sack can be zipped shut & tossed in a dumpster, wife brings it inside the camper at night...

14. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    This is what I use:

I have this SHOWER TENT and this PORTA-POTTY. I know you didn't ask about a shower, but in case you ever do need one, I use this SHOWER system.

The shower tent is an EZ-up system and is ready in five minutes. It seems a bit big when you first set it up, but you soon appreciate the extra room once you start using it on a regular basis.

I wanted that particular porta-potty because it is only 13.5" in height and fits under the collapsed pup table for easy storage when traveling.

The shower works great for us because it conserves water.

2018 Grand Portage 01.JPG

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    Andy G., kcsa75, Sjm9911 and 2 others like this.