Travel trailer or trailmanor

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by opie232, Nov 9, 2014.

1. opie232

opie232 Member

If you had the choice would you go with a full blown travel trailer or a trailmanor?

2. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Active Member

Trailmanor for so many reasons!

3. Grandpa Hiker

Grandpa Hiker Member

I am considering the move from a pup to a TM. I have also considered a TT, but I am sure a TM will better suit my needs because (1) lighter weight = better gas mileage (2) lower travel profile = better gas mileage (3) I can store a TM2417 in my shop/garage whereas subdivision restrictions prevent storing TT outside (4) I can pull a TM with my current TV = big savings in not having to go to a larger, more gas hungry TV.

4. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

We just moved from a pup to a TT. We briefly considered the Trailmanor, but we needed something we could move into in a short time, since the main reason for changing was my back issues, with a trip on the calendar this fall. I did not find any locally when I shopped all the dealers in one day after our Labor Day trip.We also weren't sure we wanted to deal with another form of lift mechanism.
    That said, after taking our new Retro back east (3300 miles or so on the firs trip), there are certainly advantages to the lower profile of TMs, A-frames and pups. Although the Retro is maybe 800-900 pounds heavier than our Cobalt, the higher profile dropped our towing mpg from about 16 for the Cobalt (average, we'd gone to 13 with a hefty headwind) to 8.5-12.5.
    so, do research and, if you can, look a good number of campers to see what feels right and fits your needs.

5. speckhunter80

speckhunter80 Well-Known Member

TRAILMANOR!!!!!

6. skirk55

skirk55 New Member

We were in some very bad weather and with that I would stay with Trail manor. It pulls much better.

7. funpilot

funpilot New Member

I researched that choice for over a year and am now waiting for my 2015 3124KD Trailmanor that is now being built. There are several options Trailmanor is more receptive to than before so I will list a few.

I wanted to upgrade the fantastic fans to have reverse and they are doing that.
    I added another fan in the main bedroom area.
    I am upgrading the cable from the batteries to the converter from 10 gauge to 4 gauge.
    They now offer a cassette toilet instead of a recirculating one that is much nicer (in my opinion).
    I upgraded the refrigerator from a three way to a two-way Dometic CR-1110 (has a compressor) as I want a refrigerator that will really get cold and I never boondock.

8. ghri49

ghri49 Member

if that was my only to choices I would go with the TM. If your not worried about weight or the profile (how much wind it catches going down the road) then I would consider a TT or most likely a HBB. a HBB can really open up the amount of room on the inside.

9. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

I feel too clostrophobic in TT most of the time, but for many reasons, most of them already stated. The only other thing is that the TM are soooo cool looking. Especially the new ones with the silver.

My phone did this

10. mamabean5

mamabean5 Well-Known Member

Trailmanorman gave us the 5-10 min demo for set up and tear down. That combined with the low profile and good gas mileage, I'm hoping for a TM in my future!

11. highside pup

highside pup Active Member

I've had TT,canvas pop up, Apache hard sides and tents, by far my favorite is my TrailManor.
    Love the way it pulls, love the warmth in colder weather,love the garage storage, love the full bathroom etc.etc.etc. !!

12. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Given our druthers, we would probably like a hybrid TT or an old school style corrugated aluminum TT.

13. fallsrider

fallsrider Active Member

TM's are great units if their design/layout works for you. When we were looking for a TT last year, I tried to figure a way to make one work for us. Our DS has to have special sleeping arrangements, and it became obvious a TM wouldn't work for us. We ended up with a TT with rear bunks.

I still think the TM's are really cool, and their design has some obvious benefits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. tex02

tex02 2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 2005 TrailManor 3023

We loved our pop up, but we wanted hard sides and wanted the same amount of bed space the pop up had, it was a no brainer to go with the Trailmanor, so now we have a similar design as the pop up, more room, hard sides and plenty of beds for when family and friends come camping with us. Plus it tows like a dream, I didn't want to tow a behemoth, this way I get a low profile tow and a huge camper when opened. [:D]