TT -- is it really an upgrade?

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by Ebisaki, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    If your that worried about gas prices, perhaps a once or twice a year stay at an all inclusive resort is more your liking...

2. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    If you are worried about the cost of fuel, perhaps you should be tenting instead of towing. Camping in a tent has to use less fuel.

3. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Why can't I just do what I'm doing now and be happy? What makes either of you think you have the right to tell me what I should be doing?

Especially @Snow - You don't know me and I don't even know what an "all inclusive resort" is. A cruise, maybe? I have been a life-long camper plan to continue to be. I have no intention of going to any resort. And you have went above and beyond and even had the audacity to tell my how often I should go. Wow, just wow.

@xxxapache, I only lose between 1-2 mpg while towing. Not that it's any of your business. I don't remember saying I was "so worried" about gas prices. We camp an average of one week a month and TOW.

Just because neither of you liked my answer to the question presented here, certainly doesn't give either of you the right to act like you know what I like or what I should do. Both of you need to come down off your high horse and mind your damn business about what other people do.

The question was: TT ... is it really an upgrade?

My personal answer for my personal circumstances was two words: Gas prices.

Since this obviously was interpreted by both of you as "I'm so worried about having to pay for gas. Please, almighty experts on my life, come tell me what I would enjoy, what I should do, and when I should do it."

The actual meaning was: "Going bigger would cost more gas and we would not get to spend as much time traveling as we do now. So, for me, no, it wouldn't be an upgrade."

I honestly thought this would be clear to anyone who read it. I am certainly every bit as entitled to my answer, as either of you is to yours.

So, now, since you have both given me (ridiculous) life advice based on my not wanting to tow anything larger at this time, here is my advice for both of you: Check your egos and worry about running your own lives. If I want your advice, I will certainly ask for it. [:(!]

bob barnes, JPBar and Ocdpa like this.
  4. xxxapache

Jul 30, 2008
    I dropped my ego off my high horse. I hope I didn't crack it.... Lol

Takamine and Snow like this.
  5. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    We'll call you Humpty Dumpty from now on.. lol

6. xxxapache

Jul 30, 2008
    That's probably an improvement compared to some of the things I may have been called recently.

7. jacrabbitt

jacrabbitt Active Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Michigan
    I really miss my PUP.I like my Hybrid. both have there advantages. Mom likes the brid ....who wins? happy wife happy life.She loves the gizzy

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  8. Orchid

That went well [WL]

9. ThePatrams

ThePatrams Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Alberta, CAN
    Hopefully I don't get my face ripped off for saying so, but it is kinda called an upgrade in our house. I love my pup, but I can't wait to get a sweet hybrid. I don't think we'll go TT, because I do still want to sleep under canvas. I'm feeling pretty committed to a hybrid. I camp alone with my kids for 3-4 weeks at a time, so I really want the bigger fridge. And a freezer?!? Yeah, I would totally cut someone for a freezer.

Also a bathroom. We use the cassette potty at night, but I don't love that (mostly on emptying days). I don't care about the shower - my favourite campground has pretty lovely showers. But a bathroom would be amazing.

That said, the extra maintenance scares me a little. The bigger the camper, the bigger the stuff I can break. And I do break a lot of stuff. lol

As far as I'm concerned, the minute we can upgrade to a truck for hubby, we're "upgrading" the trailer, too. (Now, if I could just stop crashing my vans in the winter, we could get that truck. Sigh.)

10. giadiep

giadiep Active Member

Sep 5, 2015
    I'm with you. Glad to see you defend yourself.
    Agree that gas mileage is a factor, because you would have to consider a bigger TV to tow a TT, which means more gas in everyday driving too. While it doesn't make or break the situation, it is a factor. I made the move to a pickup and a hybrid, and have no regrets. However, I respect each person's decisions about what they choose and why. As I said in my earlier post, if money was unlimited, maybe my choice would be different. However, we all live in reality and must make choices based on our needs and wants and finances.

Orchid likes this.
  11. Orchid

No face ripping for stating your opinion. Only for rudely criticizing others' opinions.

NOTHING wrong with doing what is right for you.

12. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    Just dont have an opinion that Orchid disagrees with ...

13. Orchid

I didn't say anything about your opinion. You just jumped all over mine. So, more appropriately, it should say just don't have an opinion that Snow disagrees with.

But, any literate person can read this thread for themselves and decide what to take away from it.

14. xxxapache

Jul 30, 2008
    I am glad my TT has a microwave, so I can pop some popcorn.[:D]

15. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    Munch away Humpty... Air popped is so much better..

16. xxxapache

Jul 30, 2008
    I would pop it over the fire, but I didn't want to miss something

17. JPBar

JPBar Active Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    Micro wave popcorn is just fine for me and the DW.

18. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    Hard to find Jiffy Pop for use over gas stove or open flame ...

19. xxxapache

Jul 30, 2008
    I carry one of those old fashioned long handle over the fire poppers.

20. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    Have one myself ..