TT -- is it really an upgrade?

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by Ebisaki, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontaio
    If your that worried about gas prices, perhaps a once or twice a year stay at an all inclusive resort is more your liking...

2. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    If you are worried about the cost of fuel, perhaps you should be tenting instead of towing. Camping in a tent has to use less fuel.

3. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Why can't I just do what I'm doing now and be happy? What makes either of you think you have the right to tell me what I should be doing?

Especially @Snow - You don't know me and I don't even know what an "all inclusive resort" is. A cruise, maybe? I have been a life-long camper plan to continue to be. I have no intention of going to any resort. And you have went above and beyond and even had the audacity to tell my how often I should go. Wow, just wow.

@xxxapache, I only lose between 1-2 mpg while towing. Not that it's any of your business. I don't remember saying I was "so worried" about gas prices. We camp an average of one week a month and TOW.

Just because neither of you liked my answer to the question presented here, certainly doesn't give either of you the right to act like you know what I like or what I should do. Both of you need to come down off your high horse and mind your damn business about what other people do.

The question was: TT ... is it really an upgrade?

My personal answer for my personal circumstances was two words: Gas prices.

Since this obviously was interpreted by both of you as "I'm so worried about having to pay for gas. Please, almighty experts on my life, come tell me what I would enjoy, what I should do, and when I should do it."

The actual meaning was: "Going bigger would cost more gas and we would not get to spend as much time traveling as we do now. So, for me, no, it wouldn't be an upgrade."

I honestly thought this would be clear to anyone who read it. I am certainly every bit as entitled to my answer, as either of you is to yours.

So, now, since you have both given me (ridiculous) life advice based on my not wanting to tow anything larger at this time, here is my advice for both of you: Check your egos and worry about running your own lives. If I want your advice, I will certainly ask for it. [:(!]

Ocdpa likes this.
  4. xxxapache

Jul 30, 2008
    I dropped my ego off my high horse. I hope I didn't crack it.... Lol

Takamine and Snow like this.
  5. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontaio
    We'll call you Humpty Dumpty from now on.. lol

6. xxxapache

Jul 30, 2008
    That's probably an improvement compared to some of the things I may have been called recently.

7. jacrabbitt

jacrabbitt Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Michigan
    I really miss my PUP.I like my Hybrid. both have there advantages. Mom likes the brid ....who wins? happy wife happy life.She loves the gizzy

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017 at 4:53 AM