Turkey Run State Park - Indiana

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by justrussell, Sep 16, 2018.

1. justrussell

justrussell New Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Franklin, Indiana
    We are planning our first trip to Turkey Run. Does anyone have a suggestion on the best area of the campground to book? Or some favorite camp site numbers?

I don't want to end up next to a dumpster...

Thanks!

2. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

Feb 28, 2016
    Illinois
    Site 34 is my favorite, in a loop and nice sized. Be careful of the ones along the road, there is street noise.

3. justrussell

justrussell New Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Franklin, Indiana
    Thanks! Glad to know about the road

4. JustRelax

JustRelax Active Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Just camped there last weekend. All the dumpsters are right up front, they aren't distributed. However, there is no main water supply so campers are filled with the ones in front of the sites. You may want to avoid water spigots on this trip. Another thing we noticed, which is anywhere this time of year, the sites in the shady wooded loops felt 10 degrees cooler than the sites in the sun.

We classify sites with a star for the best couple. Dots for preferred. Blank for usable. X for no. Most of the sites on our Turkey Run map are blank, meaning there's not a huge quality discrepancy. I don't have the map at work to say which we picked as better.