TX- Lake O Pines- Army COA

Discussion in 'National Parks, Forests and ACOE Campgrounds' started by Penny Logan, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Penny Logan

Penny Logan The traveling teepee in her Dreamcatcher

Apr 21, 2011
    Went overnight, stayed in a hotel, but checked out Alley Creek and Johnson Creek on North shore of Lake O Pines. They have reservable and first come first serve spots. They were very level, as I checked out campers, to see if they have blocks! Not many. People were swimming right at front of their sites. Nice playground as well. Sites were $20-$24 per night.

2. Lori3778

Lori3778 New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Texas
    Thanks for posting this. I'd like to try to camp there sometime. We had some friends who had a cabin up at Lake O's the Pines at one time. They liked it up there.

3. BratsMuttsNFish

BratsMuttsNFish New Member

Aug 15, 2011
    I have camped at Johnson Creek and Brushy Creek several times. Always had a blast. There is a marina, Johnson creek marina, you can rent a party barge or jet ski for the day and have a great time on the lake. Every 4th of July at the Johnson Creek sites they put on a FireWorks show from a barge in the lake. Ppl come and anchor their boats around the barge to watch, or you can drag a chair to the water's edge by your camp site and watch the show. Very cool! Our favorite 4th of July campground. Reserve early though, they always fill up that day months in advance.