valances: why?

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by Dingit, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Dingit

Dingit Active Member

Mar 8, 2017
    We just acquired a Fleetwood Arcadia. It's a bit rough on the outside but it's clean inside. Should be fun. Anyhoo, is there any reason not to remove the valances that are all over? They seem to be in the way when setting up and don't contribute much. I don't mind seeing mechanical bits and joints.

Also, I don't want ruffles in my camper!!!!

J Starsky likes this.
  2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    As far as I have every figured out, the valances are just decorative, and it does seem like they'd be int he way. Our Coleman Cobalt didn't have them, since it was a more "masculine" decor, for which I was grateful.

3. MrsSquid

MrsSquid Active Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Virginia
    Note to self: do not let my husband see this thread.;)

I've been trying to get him to finish making our valances for over a year now! I like that decorative touch. He could care less.

4. Dingit

Dingit Active Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Hehehe! But in the meantime, do you suffer without them? They just make everything look more put-together, right?

5. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    Yep the valance is just cosmetic. I went without a valance for a couple years until I finally managed to find time and mom's eyes recovered after her surgery. I agree about the ruffles though. When I made my valances I just made them straight which used less fabric as well. Now the curtains I concentrated on first just because the dogs sleep in longer.

MrsSquid likes this.
  6. MrsSquid

MrsSquid Active Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Virginia
    Correct, they just add a finishing touch.

7. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

I did not know that there was a valance missing until I saw some posted here on the Portal.

8. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Northwestern New Jersey
    Oh great. We are all going to hell now. Next someone will be asking if the awning lights are necessary and then maybe the pink flamingos. Please help us almighty one.

J Starsky likes this.
  9. Dingit

Dingit Active Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Bwahahahaha!! I've already decided that the hard bathroom door is an unnecessary hassle and will not be traveling with us. I can't test the awning in my garage so um...I guess it can stay attached for now. There will be no lights. :)

10. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Northwestern New Jersey
    I'm glad that there is at least one person that understands my warped sense of humor.

11. MrsSquid

MrsSquid Active Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Virginia
    Orchid likes this.
  12. J Starsky

J Starsky Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    East Central MN
    You rang? What can I do for ya? :grin:[:P]:D

MrsSquid likes this.
  13. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

[LOL][LOL] I have always wanted some pink flamingos ...

jnc likes this.