Viking replacement parts?

Discussion in 'Camper Manufacturers & Manuals' started by SteveK364, May 13, 2009.

1. SteveK364

SteveK364 New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Any Viking owners know where I could buy some replacment parts? I own a 1996 Viking 1706 and need some hub caps. Can't find anything online. Bought my camper from a private owner.

Also, any recommendations for a good online camper parts supplier would he great, too.

Thanks for your help!

Steve

2. jim1999

jim1999 New Member

http://www.go-rv.com/coast/do/chooseState

3. skeegan

skeegan New Member

Jun 25, 2008
    I, too, have been unsuccessful finding parts for my Viking---I will continue to look. I need parts for the door. SMK

4. Big_kid

Big_kid Virginia Beach, VA

Jan 13, 2008
    What door parts are you looking for? I might have it on my parts popup. It's a 1988 Viking 185.

5. sandmangw

sandmangw Chesapeake, VA

Jun 15, 2009
    Chesapeake, VA
    Try these guys. I needed the seal for the top of my door and had it in 3 days.

http://www.bumgarnercamping.com/default.asp

6. BethAnn

BethAnn New Member

Jan 8, 2014
    Anyone know where I can get a replacement roof/lid for my 1997 Viking Legend? We just repaired roof but don't know how long it will last.

7. piscoot

piscoot Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Not that this helps you find parts for your Vikings but I have an original manual reprinted straight from viking date 85-86-87. Been looking to give (free) to a good viking home. It's in very very good condition. Send a pm if anyone interested.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Piscoot's iPad using Tapatalk

8. klwdesigns

klwdesigns New Member

Jun 5, 2013
    so close, I have an '88 Viking. But I think I downloaded a manual off the internet.

9. idowatsu

idowatsu New Member

Jul 2, 2014
    This is the Coachman contact for replacement parts. Fixed me right up after I sent a couple pics. They were here within 2 weeks.

Carol Westphal
    cwestphal@forestriverinc.com
    Viking Parts

10. acesneights

acesneights New Member

Sep 2, 2014
    Carol is great. She scanned and sent me the original brochure for mine.
    Turns out mine was a limited prototype with the Goshen Lift system.
    Her direct number is 800-239-6157
    She is awesome.
    Unfortunately shoe could not get me a new sticker for the side of mine with trhe weights.

11. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

Aug 2, 2011
    Steinbach, MB
    You can order new roofs from Forest River RV. They'll ask for the camper's VIN so have that ready.

The roof will cost about $1000 and shipping will cost another $1000. If you drive down to the factory to pick it up, you could save a lot of money.

Any Rockwood, Viking or Coachmen dealer should be able to help you as well.

12. FL_Bill

FL_Bill I'm cooking something yummy!

If the broken parts you need are plastic, maybe you can make them from wood?

That is what I did with my door parts.

[​IMG]

And if you can find a solid chunk or block of plastic...that would work too. I was thinking about casting it in aluminum, but needed it sooner, and made a few extra in case it ever fails. But that was probably a yeAr ago and it is still functioning normally. Only took a few mins to make them all...and changing them took just as long. So i keep the spares in a drawer in the camper.

[​IMG]

FL Bill

13. Earthfairies

Earthfairies Member

Jul 27, 2017
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Hi all, I need to replace the aluminum strip along the bottom of the door as it is torn on both sides for about 4-5". It is a U channel type of aluminum that just screws into the bottom of the door. I have a 1995 Viking 175SD XL that I just purchased. It is in need of some glamour work and other fixings. Right now I am also having issues fitting the door in place. I was told this bottom aluminum U channel part was not available any longer? Do you think if I take the door to an aluminum door manufacturing place they might have that piece? Or does anyone know of a parts place that might have this piece? I have scoured the internet and can not find anything relating to pup doors.

14. Les Rigsby

Les Rigsby New Member

Nov 9, 2017
    New on here, I just bought a 1995 Viking 270SH. needs a little work. the biggest thing is finding a hinge that goes on top of the door so you can latch it to the roof before folding down. I have searched the web and talked to dealers but no luck. does anybody know a popup junk yard.Also Not sure what kind of hot water heater it has because it has no numbers on it anywhere and i think am going to have to replace it. Thanks Les !

15. Earthfairies

Earthfairies Member

Jul 27, 2017
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Hi Les,

I am not sure where you are but, I have a place here in Canada (Alberta actually) that might be able to help you. Here is the link. http://www.tenttrailerrebuilders.ca/

I too have a pop up Viking 1995 that needs a whole door possibly. So I am hoping to be on their waiting list. ;-)

Wendy

16. Assets10

Assets10 New Member

Aug 3, 2018
    Do you still have manual
    Thanks Dee

17. Assets10

Assets10 New Member

Aug 3, 2018