Virginia - Rally on the Potomac

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by JoeCamper, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeCamper

JoeCamper Eastern, Pennsylvania

Jun 24, 2006
    Eastern Pennsylvania
    All the electric sites are taken there are non electric sites available

[USA] Westmoreland State Park [CAN]
    June 18-26, 2010 (Father's Day 6/20)
    10 Days Over Two Weekends. You can come the first weekend and stay late, come early for the second weekend or stay for the whole week.
    There is so much to do... or so little.

Rally Coordinators - hvac1877 and binky

Street Address: 1650 State Park Road, Montross, Va. 22520
    Campground Information: http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state_parks/wes.shtml
    Telephone Numbers: (804) 493-8821
    Reservations: Reserve Online or call 1-800-933-PARK

Campground Amenities:
    Westmoreland State Park lies within Westmoreland County, from which it takes its name. The park extends about one and a half miles along the Potomac River, and its 1,311 acres neighbor the former homes of both George Washington and Robert E. Lee.
    Recreational amenities offered include:
    • Horsehead Cliffs
    • Hiking and biking trails
    • Camping with water and electric
    • Fishing, kayak and canoeing, boating
    • Swimming
    • Geocashing 4 inside park
    • Food Lion 8 miles away
    • convenience store with gas outside park entrance
    • and more.
    Current Plans For This Rally

• Potluck dinner at hvac1877 site
    • 50/50 raffle
    • A "Secret Camper Santa" gift exchange. Bring a camping related gift valued around $20 with you.
    • Speech from a Park Ranger or Park Manager
    • LOTS OF PUPs, FRIENDS and FUN
    Once you have the reservation i need your name and reservation number in order for the Park to keep us together

Attending Rally: Adults Kids
    hvac1877 2 0
    Darslife 2 3
    theroys88 2 2
    tkpeacock 2 2
    obxlvr13 2 1
    Mechdonna2 2 0
    Spikepilot 2 0

Potluck menu so far:

hvac1877- Hot dogs with fixings and dessert
    tkpeacok - dessert
    Darslife- Fruit salad
    Tim_rhonda- Side dish
    Theroys88- dessert
    obxlvr13- ?
    Mechdonna2- ?
    Spikepilot-?

Check Out all the other states ralllies going on the same week.
    http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?board=143.0​

2. JoeCamper

Jun 24, 2006
    Eastern Pennsylvania
  3. JoeCamper

Jun 24, 2006
    Eastern Pennsylvania
    Virginia - Area Attractions and Day Trips

[USA] Westmoreland State Park [CAN]
    June 18-26, 2010 (Father's Day 6/20)
    10 Days Over Two Weekends. You can come the first weekend and stay late, come early for the second weekend or stay for the whole week.
    There is so much to do... or so little.

Rally Coordinators - hvac1877 and binky

Area Attractions:

Stratford Hall (birthplace of Robert E. Lee and boyhood home of two signers of the Declaration of Independence) 5 min drive

Washington’s Birthplace (National Monument) 10 min drive

King’s Dominion 1 hr drive
    Recently voted Virginia's most exciting amusement theme park

Fredericksburg Civil War Battlefields 1 hr drive

Learn more about nearby offerings by visiting the Northern Neck Tourism Council, Westmoreland Travel and Tourism and Colonial Beach sites.

Much more coming soon!

4. binky

binky New Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Virginia
    Joe, Thanks for the great starter page for this rally!!! This past years rally at James River State Park was a blast. We met alot of new folks and made some new friends.

HVAC and I are in the early planning stages for this upcoming rally but I would make your reservations now!! I would love to take this campground over with members from www.PopUpPortal.com We take every site for the whole week with nothing but pop-ups.

5. hvac1877

hvac1877 Old Dominion Iron Chefs Highland Springs, Va

Mar 10, 2008
    Highland Springs Va
    Thanks Joe for getting the thread going. :) I hope this one will top last year. So much to do. Westmoreland is a nice Park. It has Saltwater fishing,canoe,kayak rentals fossils on the beach and a nice pool. Binky and i will have more info at a later date once we finalize our ideas. If you have any ideas please pm me or Binky. Thanks again and hope to see you all at Westmoreland next year and Everyone is welcome. If your from other states and like to come please come and have a great time.

6. binky

binky New Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Virginia
    Start making your reservations now! We will be using Campground A

The CG has 20 gravel sites, a paved road, 20x20 tent pad and a handicap accessible restroom. Given our wide variety of demographics, I felt campground A would be the best primary CG for us to use.

HVAC and I have discussed a few things.......with more to come. We haven't decided on a potluck or a progressive (site to site) dinner..........or both.

We will have the 50/50 raffle at least once during this rally. 50% to winner, 50% to this website. Don't forget this website is operated on donations from its members and purchases from the giftshop.

Bring a gift for the secret camper santa exchange. Please bring a camping related gift valued around $20. As you turn them in you will recieve a raffle ticket. At some point we will start drawing tickets and handing out the gifts.

Hope to see everyone there!!!! Please email me as you make reservations...I need your last name and reservation number so we can stay grouped together, but this shouldn't be a problem if we overtake this State Park.

7. binky

binky New Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Virginia
    If you have any ideas, tips or suggestions for this rally, please send HVAC1877 or I a PM or email. :)

8. allen

allen New Member

May 28, 2008
    Richond Va
    Ihave gone to the darkside since jrsp would I still be welcome with a tt!!! I had a great time last year. If u don't want a tt there I understand and would not be offended. I still enjoy reading and posting to this great site. Happy camping

9. hvac1877

Mar 10, 2008
    Highland Springs Va
    your welcome Allen You still camping just not with canvas.

10. twstdpear

twstdpear Party like it's 2012!

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern VA
    We're likely going to come. My parents own a place on the river in Montross off of Nomini Bay, so it almost seems like a waste to camp so close. We usually prefer our camping trips to be "away".

However, I mentioned it to my dad, and he suggested that he might be able to come up the river and give some boat rides (or possibly water skiing/tubing if it's warm enough). So, if we do come, there may be some extra entertainment.

11. carolinacampers

carolinacampers Nights camped: 2008-10, 2009-25, 2010-6.

Aug 2, 2009
    Hilton Head, SC
    Oh my, you guys got it goin' on! Sounds like it'll be a campin' fun time!

12. binky

binky New Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Virginia
    Come on up Carolinacampers........this is a PUP fest....with a few Travel trailers allowed

13. carolinacampers

carolinacampers Nights camped: 2008-10, 2009-25, 2010-6.

Aug 2, 2009
    Hilton Head, SC
    We just may. I'll let you know. But we already had a week-long trip planned. Not sure how much time my DH can take off.
    Oh, maybe a long weekend... :)

14. theroys88

theroys88 VA is for Lovers....and Campers!

Aug 9, 2009
    Midlothian, VA
    This may be something we can do. DH has to work every third
    weekend, but b/c the rally covers two weekends...we can at least
    be there for part of the rally. Westmoreland is a CG we have been
    wanting to try. I have been told it is beautiful.
    Thanks so much for organizing this event.
    Dawn [PU]

15. hvac1877

Mar 10, 2008
    Highland Springs Va
  16. binky

binky New Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Virginia
    Sorry I haven't been around.... the DW and I are now seperated and probably headed down the D road. I am going to try and make this rally....I still have several months to get it all pulled together.

Currently she has the kids w/ me having visitation (liberal) [:(]. I will be keeping the [PUC] with her having some visitation (use of it) :) It's all good, we are being very civil and keeping the kids #1 in our lives.

If your aware of any young, single females that have a nice TV and might like to share this pup for the Rally let me know........the new TV I just bought is with the other half. Keep me in your prayers and keep looking for that girl with a good TV.

17. hvac1877

Mar 10, 2008
    Highland Springs Va
    Sorry Buddy about the news but you know if you need any thing give me a call. If you have to i might have my sons truck you can use have to see how it goes with his work. Its a 2004 f-150

18. 2002Trooper4me

2002Trooper4me New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Richmond, VA

Sorry to hear of the domestic situation. That sucks about the truck though. I laughed about your line regarding the single female with a TV... Classic!

19. 2002Trooper4me

2002Trooper4me New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Richmond, VA
    By the way... we will be trying to make this one. Probably just the first weekend though. Kylie had a blast at the last rally. She allready asked if there would be a piniata again!

Hope everyone is well, and we look forward to seeing everyone again!

20. tkpeacock

tkpeacock New Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Chesapeake, VA
    Hi Binky,

Kelly and I are sorry to hear about this development. We enjoyed your company and hospitality during the 2009 Spring Rally. We wish you and your family long-term happiness however things turn out.

We will be planning to attend the 2010 Rally. We would be happy to help in any way we can.

P.S. I have been busy with work most of summer and was sick with pneumonia so haven't been on the forum much. We have made it camping 12 nights in 2009. We have one more outing planned the end of September before Sarah's surgery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.