Walk of shame

Discussion in 'General Camper Setup / Take Down' started by AZCAMPINGBUM, Mar 13, 2018.

1. AZCAMPINGBUM

AZCAMPINGBUM New Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Hi all. After 6 years of good use and more fun than I could imaging we are moving on from our old Pop-Up. Not sure what we will replace it with, maybe a hybrid. We have a 2006 Jayco Jayseries 1006. It has the front trunk. Here is my issue. On the last trip the return traffic was horrible. Bumper to bumper, white knuckle fun. So when I got home exhausted I have no idea what I did with the keys. GONE, everything. Yes I am the idiot who never saved an extra set. I know the key for door and side access panels are common. No biggie. But if anyone has this trailer can you tell me what the key is for the storage area? It is a silver chuck style. I believe I found a few name brands who sell them but I don't know if there is a code or anything to help narrow it down. They are compression type latches. Push down hard and turn to move the latch. If anyone can help me out I would be very grateful.

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    6ad4135f4a202c41426d6f8c1f8a6abc--welcome-to-group.jpg

3. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

May 21, 2015
    I believe mine are the same locks as used on vending machines, If that helps.

4. Ruby Jean

Ruby Jean Member

May 30, 2017
    Bellingham, WA
    But if anyone has this trailer can you tell me what the key is for the storage area? It is a silver chuck style. I believe I found a few name brands who sell them but I don't know if there is a code or anything to help narrow it down. They are compression type latches. Push down hard and turn to move the latch. If anyone can help me out I would be very grateful.

I have an older Jayco with front storage - does this look anything like yours?
    key.jpg

5. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    Take it to a locksmith. He get it open in no-time. [:)C]

6. AZCAMPINGBUM

AZCAMPINGBUM New Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Huh I never thought of that but yeah it could be close. I will look at some.

7. AZCAMPINGBUM

AZCAMPINGBUM New Member

Mar 13, 2018
    YES IT DOES. Ok I had found that Safeco earlier. The only thing is I don't know if mine would be the exact numbers you have there. Huh, maybe I will just get one and try. Thanks!

8. AZCAMPINGBUM

AZCAMPINGBUM New Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Thanks. I was a member years ago but much like my keys I couldn't remember my login. So for this emergency I made a new profile!

9. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    A locksmith can /will open it and either already have a key in stock or can make one. Good luck and Happy Camping

10. MNTCamper

MNTCamper Active Member

Jun 14, 2014
    You should be able to get one from any Jayco dealer, they are all the same. They actually wear out with use, I switched to a new one a couple of years ago after 15 years of use on my rig. It costs a couple of bucks to get a spare set of keys, we just have ours in the "key basket" on the kitchen shelf.