Walmart close out 13x13 rft. pop up canopy

Discussion in 'Deals too good not to share!' started by Txbum, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013
    Hello all, found a 13x13 Ozark Trails instant canopy for $64.00....originally priced $149.00. The extra 3 ft around the edges makes a world of difference. Seems to be a well made unit. I have the 10x10 version and it has been very good. Txbum

BelchFire likes this.
  2. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

We got one for that price this time 2 years ago It has been very nice to have at home. It keeps the picnic table dry all summer.

3. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2015
    DFW, TX
    Can confirm in the Dallas area. I picked one up tonight. I also found a 3 skillet cast iron set for $5, the camco inline water filters for $1, and a folding aluminum side table for $5. Not a bad haul at all.

I bought a similar 13' canopy for our scout troop a couple years ago. It was really nice to have that extra overhang.

4. davido

davido Active Member

Jul 17, 2014
    I have an Ozark Trail 12' canopy that we use when we're expecting a lot of sun or some rain. It works fairly well, though the first time it rained heavily I noticed big raindrops can splatter through the fabric. My fix was to purchase a can or two of scotch guard, and a tube of seam sealer. It's weatherproof now.

If your local WM has the side panels, pick up two or three of them. They help when it rains sideways, or when the sun shifts in the late afternoon. I probably haven't used more than two of the side panels at a time, but it's nice having the third just in case things get nasty outside.

5. BelchFire

BelchFire I speak fluent vise-grip

Mar 29, 2012
    SE Georgia
    Niiiiiice! I'm jealous! I can confirm that my local freakshow Walmart has them for $88; still better than the "regular $139" but you've all got me beat.

I've done that on many, many cloth items; I LOVE Scotchgard; it's worth it's price any time I need to go outdoors.

That's a fantastic idea! I may have to re-consider that $88 pricetag, just for this idea. [8)]

6. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2015
    DFW, TX
    I actually have a couple panels from my 12’x12’ Coleman canopy, along with the screen room. I am fairly certain that these are all based on a standard 12’x12’ frame with the addition of the overhang parts. I am hopeful I can adapt my panels to fit.

7. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    I have a regular 10x10 canapy a got from Walmart about 8 years ago. I also have screens that came from another canapy I bought that got destroyed in a storm. Even though the screen room doesn't belong to the canopy I have, I've managed to make it work. I also saw where a vendor used shower curtains to prevent rain from coming in on the side. Cheap fix and if you get the clear shower curtain you can see outside. Something I'm going to try some day. But my canapy is really showing it's age and being stored in a damp shed is not helping.

8. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Active Member

Jul 2, 2016
    AZ Aliner
    There’s a couple of ways to make your own side walls/panels. Larger canopies don’t have premade side walls/panels. Side wall/panels are for 10x10 canopies.

I used tarp as side walls for my 12x14 or 12x12 canopy. Hang tarp up or connect panels with tarp bungees.

But if you’re able to sew, you can make custom side walls/panels using Rip Stop Nylon fabric. Add Velcro straps and grommets. Then waterproof it with Never Wet waterproofing spray.

Happy Camping...[ALPU][PUT]

9. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013
    sounds like a great idea. Txbum