Water heater shower

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by stacey short, Jan 7, 2019.

1. stacey short

stacey short Member

Jan 5, 2019
    Which water heater shower is descent without breaking the budget. I would like to have a outdoor shower. Some people say electric and most say gas. I just want safe and reliable.

2. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Active Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Houghton MI
    "water heater shower?" Are you speaking of the water pressure unit you can shower with outside the camper? We keep the heating unit and pressure unit separate, so they're easy to fix.

Nice to have you here with us!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    stacey short likes this.
  3. stacey short

stacey short Member

Jan 5, 2019
    A combine unit that heats the water and has a shower attach to it.

4. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2011
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    stacey short likes this.
  5. stacey short

stacey short Member

Jan 5, 2019
    Thank you

6. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    I don't use either gas or electric. HERE is my previous post on my shower setup.

stacey short likes this.
  7. McFlyfi

McFlyfi Active Member

Aug 1, 2014
    Thousand Oaks CA
    Go to Home Depot and get a 2 gallon pump sprayer, use your stove to heat some water, put it in the sprayer, pump it up, shower.
    Less than 20 bucks. Add a privacy tent if you want- another 30-100 bucks.

8. stacey short

stacey short Member

Jan 5, 2019

9. stacey short

stacey short Member

Jan 5, 2019
    Thanks for letting me know how you clean yourself, but that wasn't my question.

10. PaThacker

PaThacker Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Poconos
    I shower outside n a privy tent. Coldest was 28f. I preheated tent with hot furnace exhaust, roof offf of tent and proper venting. Turn on water and let it rip. No navy showering this cold. Get done run naked to pre heated pup. This is perfectly ok off grid. Choose a private campsite at campground or just use a towel.

stacey short likes this.
  11. PaThacker

Feb 11, 2010
    Poconos
    Do you have a water heater on your pup, and outside shower?

12. stacey short

stacey short Member

Jan 5, 2019
    No I don't I want to purchase one from Home Depot or Lowe's. I dont have a shower/bathroom tent and one of those solar shower bags that is extremely heavy once filled and I have to find something that can carry the weight if I use it.

13. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    THIS doesn't need to be hung up because it sits on the ground and you pump it with your foot. You can either heat it by solar or just add some hot water to warm it up. I have done both. It holds about three gallons of water. My wife uses it also and has never run out of water for her shower even with her longer hair (takes more rinsing). I can get my shower done using about two gallons.

stacey short likes this.
  14. PaThacker

Feb 11, 2010
    Poconos
    Do you have a presurrized water system or hand pump sink?

15. stacey short

stacey short Member

Jan 5, 2019
    No

16. PaThacker

Feb 11, 2010
    Poconos
    77DD0918-EA26-43F1-8611-AFEC62BAB938.jpeg
    This style for you. Once you get more advanced upgrade your pup.

stacey short likes this.
  17. JunieB

JunieB Active Member

May 8, 2018
    Central Florida
    THANKS for reminding me that I HAVE a Zodi! It came with my NTMe pup and I put it away in the closet. Mine was modified to hook up directly to water spigot/outlet.
    Woo-hoo, next weekend when I go camping I'll take the little propane tank along and test it for lighting up and heating! I already tested it last year without lighting up, on an outdoor water spigot and the flow works fine. Those little buggers are kind of expensive. Mine doesn't have the battery operated pump, but has a modified, direct water inlet connect from hose bib.
    Woo hoo, if it ever gets cold in FL (rare except Jan-Feb) I can have hot water. Just need to figure out how to channel various hoses into a shower tent, but leave the heater outdoors as required for safety. I HATE showering in a public restroom, usually just go without on short trips.

stacey short likes this.