Water holding tank drain

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by srnflamingo, Jul 17, 2017.

1. srnflamingo

srnflamingo New Member

Sep 13, 2016
    I purchased a used Palomino popup and have been testing out all the features. I went camping last week and filled the holding tank. The only thing in the camper that uses water is the sink which works fine. However, I forgot to drain the tank. There doesn't seem to be a way to drain it once the camper is closed up...at least that I can find. There are a couple different hose attachments on the outside near where the sink is located. It didn't come with an owner's manual. Do anyone know how I drain it? Is there something inside by the sink that I need to do? Any suggestions would be helpful. I'm going camping again in a few weeks.

2. JPBar

JPBar Active Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    Look under the camper where you fill the tank, there should be a drain valve on the tank turn in 90 degrees and tank should start to drain. Good luck

3. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

Where is your tank? On my palomino it is very visible underneath the camper, and there is a drain petcock on it. If your tank is inside under then dinette then all bets are off.

4. bsandey

bsandey Active Member

Jun 9, 2005
    SE Minnesota
    On the pop-up we used to have, you had to reach under the camper to the tank, and there was a valve to open to drain the water. On the TT I have now, it's still kind of hidden, but it's right along the edge underneath, and a cap I remove to drain (going to find a valve to replace so I don't have to worry about losing the cap).

5. sleach

sleach A short run will get you within walking distance.

May 17, 2014
    Add make, year and model of your camper to your signature section, or cite in your text. Then we can help you more.

Look in the owners manual section of this forum to see if there is a manual for your trailer, or one similar to yours.

6. sierrapup

sierrapup Active Member

Jun 19, 2016
    usually underneath on the tank itself....[CC]

7. kreeves

kreeves She and her two dogs

Dec 4, 2016
    West Virginia
    Mine is at the end of the tan, under the dinette seat. You wouldn't have to pop it all the ay up to get to it.

8. CO Hiker

CO Hiker Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Colorado
    The couple of attachments on the outside are your pressurized city water connection (hose from spigot to camper) and the gravity fill for when you are not connected to a water source. Take a look under the camper for a white tank that runs across the bottom then look for a petcock drain along the lower edge of the tank. Mine was tucked under the camper and next to the forward suspension spring mount. Imagine trying to open that in the mud after a rain! So I moved it tank.JPG from behind the spring to behind the mud flap where I can get to it if I want water or if I need to drain it. There is an overflow drain on the top right side of the tank so when its full you'll see water dripping out underneath too. And you may have a T handle drain next to the water pump under a bench seat that will drain the sink line but not the tank.