Water hose question

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by eagle, Dec 4, 2017 at 7:04 PM.

1. eagle

eagle Member

May 2, 2017
    Hi, all.

This past weekend we had a great time at Carolina Beach State Park in NC. We were at a site that had full connections, and as we were cleaning up, one of the ends of our white water hose came into contact with the sewer drain inlet.

Does this mean that our white hose is now contaminated? Or, can it be disinfected somehow?

Thanks.

2. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    Would think not unless it fell in the sewer hole. You could always pour some bleach on the end that came in contact with the sewer outlet.

3. chambo

chambo Active Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Southern California
    For me it would depend on if the wife saw it. :)

It comes down to your comfort level and the degree to which it made contact. If contact was only minor and the hose did not appear to be soiled then giving it a soak in a bleach solution should do the trick. I believe it's a quarter cup of bleach to a gallon of water, but I would google that. Would cutting off the last foot of hose and attaching a new fitting do the trick?

4. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Squirt a little bleach solution in it and roll on.

Every spring, I put some bleach in my hoses and connect the ends. I roll them over a time or two and then let them sit a few hours before rinsing them out.

Fless likes this.
  5. crackerJack

crackerJack Active Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Scottsville, KY
    X4 in the bleach. ^^

6. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida

X2 Bleach will surely dis-infect it.

7. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    Bleach, peroxide or isopropyl alcohol will do the job. ..

8. Fixitup

Fixitup Active Member

Jun 7, 2016
    What doesnt kill us......only makes us stronger. Little bleach and your good!