Water logged ceiling

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by Puck, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Puck

Puck New Member

i ran into a water logged ceiling after my last trip. Any advice on where I can get the supplies to fix it? It looks like styrofoam to me.

Attached Files:

2. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

If it is styrofoam you might try some sheets at Lowes or Home Depot. Spray foam might be a better way, but use the non- expanding type. Maybe others on here who have ran into this might have a better idea.

Puck likes this.
  3. wayoutwest

wayoutwest Member

The pics are kinda close to really see that the damage is. But, looking at that, that looks like long term water damage, like lots of water, just sitting and soaking. Replacing it, rebuilding it is some work and take some time/effort. Subforum IN THE GARAGE (floors / roofs) is a good place to start researching

emoney and Puck like this.
  4. Puck

Puck New Member

Thanks for your suggestions. After removing more of the ceiling I found that one of the roof side boards was rotten. Be got my work cut out for me. At least it’s Friday night and I’ll have all weekend. We have a big trip planned soon and I don’t want to have to pull out the tent.

5. sawdusty

sawdusty San Antonio

If you go to the section, "In The Garage" there is a subsection about roofs. There are more threads about roof repairs than anything else since the roof of a pop up is the weakest point.