waterproofing question

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by FREDHAWKS1, May 17, 2013.

1. FREDHAWKS1

FREDHAWKS1 New Member

Feb 11, 2013
    I'm new to this pop up camping have been tent camping my whole life. Got a great deal on a 2000 coleman westlake and the wife and I couldn't pass it up. My ? Is I gave it a good cleaning and am going to waterproof it now, do I spray the inside too or just the outside?

2. backyarddad

backyarddad New Member

Mar 25, 2013
    I would say the outside only, it shouldn't leak into the inside if you spray it on the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Ken Mc

Ken Mc Member

Feb 19, 2013
    I used 303 Fabric Guard Water Repellant on the outside. But that includes unzipping the windows, laying them flat on the beds and treating them. Did not use on the plastic windows on the sides. I also used Coleman Seam Sealer on all seams outside only. It has held up great during some hard showers. I also used 303 Aerospace Protectant on the outside canvas to keep it conditioned. Not sure if all that is necessary but has worked well for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

4. kmeece

kmeece New Member

Apr 19, 2013
    Outside only!

5. bondebond

bondebond New Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Outside and in fact, Coleman/Fleetwood manuals say to only use 303 Aerospace Protectant to restore the water-proofness of the fabrics.