We made the jump...

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by cmartinez95, Jun 11, 2017.

1. cmartinez95

cmartinez95 New Member

Nov 27, 2016
    After less than one year, my wife and I decided to make the jump to a different camper. First we upgraded our TV from a Tacoma to a full sized Sierra Denali CrewCab (diesel). I put the pup up for sale a couple of months later it found a new home. For our new TT we wanted something with bunks for the kids, a nice bed for us and all of the other usual things (slide for the dinette and couch, larger fridge, etc...) We finally decided on a 2018 Heartland Mallard M26. It has everything we want plus outdoor kitchen and fridge. I admit I miss the pup, but we are totally happy with the new trailer and all of the amenities. Took it out the day after we got it (already had a weekend booked for the pup) and everything went great. It rained on us the second day and the morning we left and it was nice not having to worry about the wet canvas like we had during previous trips.
    Fortunately all of the places we had booked for later in the year for the pup are large enough to accommodate our new setup (we went from being about 30' long to being 50' long now). The best part is, even with 4 solid walls and no canvas the kids still spend most of the day OUTSIDE :) On to the pics:

Attached Files:

pasobuff and iflyos like this.
  2. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Chicago suburbs
    Great looking set up! So shiny and new...

cmartinez95 likes this.
  3. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    Welcome to the Darkside. .

cmartinez95 likes this.
  4. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Nice

5. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Welcome to the forums from N/W Fl. and also Welcome to the Dark Side, congrats on the (sounds like) totally new and complete rig.
    You will love the time saved on set up and break down and all the extras. Happy camping

cmartinez95 likes this.
  6. cmartinez95

cmartinez95 New Member

Nov 27, 2016
    So here we are, just a few months later and our TT has now become our temporary home. Our house was damaged (flooded) during hurricane Harvey and the TT has allowed us to remain onsite while the house is repaired. It's been nice having access to everything in the trailer while the first floor of our home gets repaired. I've thought about how different it would have been if we still had the pup. Actually, if I still had it we most likely would have lost it in the flood since it would have been parked in my garage and would have had 2.5' of water around it. We are blessed and fortunate to have been able to get into the whole camping thing. Because of this TT we are able to make a rough situation a lot easier for us and the kids! :)

pasobuff likes this.
  7. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Just goes to show that we never know how things are going to turn out. My Dad used to say "everything happens for the best" which I do not entirely believe. Lots of people had terrible mis-fortunes this year with Floods, Fires, wind damage and it will just take time to recuperate , we never know what Mother Nature will throw our way. I hope everything works out for ya'll with the home after the flood and as stated, you can at least be comfortable and remain on site to watch over things and hopefully be back in the house before long. Good Luck

cmartinez95 likes this.
  8. 4xMeteor

4xMeteor Active Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Georgia
    Nice, congrats.