Weather Stripping to seal popup when it's closed

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by morrisy18, Jul 4, 2010.

  1. morrisy18

    morrisy18 New Member

    Jun 15, 2010
    Well I'm not sure where to post this question. Anyways we just finished completely rebuilding the roof on are 87 Jayco and I'm just about done putting it all back together but there is one piece I can't seem to find anywhere. I need to find a rubberized weather seal that goes around the bottom of the roof so that when I close up the pop up the contact between the roof section and the body of the pop-up are sealed. I live in AZ so my main concern is for when it rains but I can't seem to find anything that would work. Everything I've seen in HD and some AutoZones seem to be too thin I was wondering is anybody had any suggestions?

    Mike [PU]
  2. Troutfishing

    Troutfishing New Member

    Aug 11, 2008
    I was thinking on mine to use a weather strip that is round and filled with foam on one end and then it flattens out and this is where you can tack it to the camper. the correct name I believe is (astragal) weather strips.
  3. bols2Dawall

    bols2Dawall S.W. Ontario

    May 19, 2010
    Try using the search button . Search "roof Seal " possibly . I know the info's in here somewhere . I do know that not just anything will work . I recall this piece being pretty expensive ( like $300.00 or something ) and needs to be ordered from a dealer . Someone had posted somewhere that someone was selling this piece on EBAY too for considerably less money . The short of it is , i don't think you can get away with just any seal ( hmmmm , i wonder if a garage door seal might work). Good luck .
  4. Tentless

    Tentless New Member

    Jun 11, 2010
    I emailed viking for mine - they gave me a part # and a few dealers to go to in my area. I am still waiting for the one dealer to call me back for the pricing - will check with them tomorrow.
  5. ballard

    ballard New Member

    Jul 11, 2009
    Before paying the high price I would try something cheaper from an autoparts supply.

Share This Page