Weight distribution

Discussion in 'Tow Vehicles, Hitch & Towing' started by Spridle, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Spridle

Spridle Member

Jun 6, 2011
    https://youtu.be/4jk9H5AB4lM

I thought this was a cool video on weight distribution

landon6062 likes this.
  2. Spawndn72

Spawndn72 Member

Jul 29, 2016
    You beat me to it. Just saw that on facebook and was coming here to post it.
    Cool video

3. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2015
    DFW, TX
  4. rjhammetter

rjhammetter Husband, Dad, Engineer & Camper

Mar 1, 2016
    Wisconsin
    Great find and video. Thanks!

5. Spridle

Spridle Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Glad you found this, I was looking on youtube for a non FB link but couldn't find it.

6. Spridle

Spridle Member

Jun 6, 2011
    I'm hauling a race car more than the camper these days. In some ways it's easier with a tandem axle trailer but it's a LOT more weight. My last trip home from NJMP I had some frightening sway. I was way way too tired to stop and move the load so I just kept the speed down and got home. The next day I went to unload and found I had exactly ZERO tongue weight. I could move the tongue up and it would stay, move it down, it would stay. Perfectly balanced, well balanced for disaster.

7. flingwing1969

flingwing1969 New Member

Jul 6, 2013
    Saved me the trouble. Thanks.

8. distracto

distracto Member

Jun 23, 2015
    thank goodness for imgur...

was just coming to post this

9. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

10. kurtes

kurtes Reno, NV

Jun 7, 2010
    Reno, NV
    Wow, I was also here to share that same video, I saw it last night.

11. Spridle

Spridle Member

Jun 6, 2011
    I'm so glad we all came here to share it, seeing as well all saw it already [:D]

12. Orchid

Since I didn't get to be the first one to share it here, I may let my nerd flag fly and share on my facebook. [LOL]

13. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Aug 5, 2010
    5 Star Eagle Camper
    That's interesting. Same here, I just saw this on the FaceBook, grabbed the Youtube link, and was about to post it here. Seems as though everyone is seeing this at the same time.

14. Nandy

Nandy Active Member

Mar 29, 2010
    If he had a brake controller he could get that camper back tracking in a jiffy!!!

15. Orchid

Really? I'm going to have one of those. I'll have to learn how to use it properly.

16. Nandy

Nandy Active Member

Mar 29, 2010
    when you have electric brakes and your trailer start swaying you apply the manual brake slowly and it will make it track again. you will also have to slow down your TV.

17. Spridle

Spridle Member

Jun 6, 2011
    That's great if you have enough time to do it, before you fly off the road!

18. kurtes

kurtes Reno, NV

Jun 7, 2010
    Reno, NV
    I was sort of proud of myself for looking to share it in the proper place for a change! Sometimes I get the message about posting an item in the wrong spot, this time I looked for the place I thought it should go... and it was already there!

19. Nandy

Nandy Active Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Of course, if you get in a situation like in the video you are in big trouble. However, most swaying starts slowly unless induced on a panic brake.

20. jerbear

jerbear Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Indiana
    I am a retired truck driver of 38 years . I have heard people say do not use your trailer brake except for emergency . Well I was pulling a tanker one night on a road that had a fuel oil spill and I was already going slow but not aware of the oil spill till my trailer was trying to pass me up lol. I applied slight trailer brake only and it got right back in line with me and I coasted through that bad place in the road and I was ok . So yes applying trailer brake only at certain times is or can be very helpful.

jumpoff likes this.