Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by Orchid, Feb 26, 2017.
Are you the Coleman Guy????
I'm scared to answer...
Great videos and very helpful. Thanks for making and posting them.
Wow, you are my hero! I had no idea you would be on this site. If not for your videos, our camper would have stayed as it was. I have watched them over and over, freeze framed, rewound and watched again. I've had both my DH and son-in-law watch them.
You are seriously the ONLY person on the entire world wide web that has any kind of real instruction, with photos/videos for Coleman camper. We heavily rely on your knowledge. The owners manual, and even Coleman repair manual are completely useless to me.
I just can't thank you enough for putting up the videos you have!
Got my parts today and going to go start to put it back together and see what happens.
OMG this is NOT going well.
I know the feeling
I'm on week two of my storage trunk rebuild and I thought it would take about four days.
PM or email me if you get in a bad spot and it will get to me quicker. I'll happily give you my to help you along.
Good luck, have fun and a cold beer sometimes helps.
Three things went wrong.
First one is my fault. I had the gear wheel on backwards - fixed
Second one was son-in-laws fault, he had the spring that holds the plastic spacer in the tube backwards, despite me having told him approximately 35 million times to put it in small end first AND texting him after the fact to double check that he had put it in that way. - fixed
Third problem - no blame has been assigned yet. There is play between the gear wheel, brake, clutch (whatever it's called) but they are not tight together. Missing something, but have no idea what. - not fixed.
For right now, I'm just going to sit here and cry like a piss baby and feel sorry for myself. I won't let anyone touch the camper right now because I don't want parts lost and nobody here knows what they're doing because they refuse to watch the full videos like I have, and won't follow directions.
So, going to feel sorry for myself for the evening and then hopefully get back to it tomorrow. I would give anything to be physically able to to get under the pup and do this myself. Unfortunately, I had surgery two weeks ago, and another surgery last Friday. In addition to that, both my knees are bone on bone, my lower leg are bowed (not visible on the outside) because of my knees being bad for so long.
I can take ZERO pain medications, not even use topicals because the absorption, due to my kidneys failing. I'm in excruciating pain from working on this pup yesterday and having my knees bent on a small chair. The pain is adding to the pity party I'm having for myself at this point.
My only two (reasonable to me) choices are to cry it out or to firebomb the damn camper and laugh maniacally while it burns. I'm choosing the first option tonight. If it comes to option two, I'll at least video tape it.
We are men we don't need videos or instructions, at least while the DW is around. It will be okay and will all work out. Go have a beer it will be there tomorrow. Just think you will be laughing about this on you next camping trip.
I'm positive I'll laugh about it eventually. Not sure about our next camping trip though.
All this testosterone flowing around here, I considered putting police tape around the pup. If anyone touches it, I am going to lose it. Unless they agree to watch COMPLETE videos, and look at the repair manual, which of course, they won't.
They will watch and read after you go to bed, trust me on this
I sure hope so!
Even when following the instructions and watching the full video several times, things can go wrong. (The new motherboard for DW's laptop is to be delivered on Monday.)
Orchid, I hope you have your lift system back up and running.
I thought mine was like yours , but it is a Goshen system.
Also after some more research I have found that to replace my floor correctly, that mean everything must come off.
So back to the drawing board with my cordless screwdriver....
Been there, done that. More than a few times and it has never went smoothly. Best of luck!
My best advice at this point, is if you can make it work, don't fix it. Our tied off dog cable was working perfectly fine. But, no, I had to go mess with it.
Happily reporting in that our lift system is working perfectly now!
I realized the problem sometime while I was asleep Thursday night, and woke up Friday knowing the answer. We were busy and packing to go camping for the weekend (stayed in daughter's hybrid) but got it fixed when we got home this evening.
For the first time since we have owned it, our camper appropriately clicks as it raises. It says raised and lowers nicely.
Everything is brand new and looking good, with the exception of the outer most pin, that the lift handle grabs onto. It broke from too many times in and out and we are currently using a nail through the hole and hammered around the tube to keep in place.
Works fine like this, but will get a new pin after I figure out where to find one. Just ordered a new socket genie and drill to go with our new lift.
Good job, Orchid! The roll pin that you need is a common item at most hardware and auto parts stores. Take your old one with you and they can fix you right up. Just be careful that you don't waller out the hole with the nail fix you have or the new roll pin won't fit well and might fall out on the road to the next campground.
Thanks, I put the old one in my purse to take and compare. Really wasn't sure where to take it to ...
The nail is not tight in the hole. It would fall out if I had not hammered it down on the sides. It's a mar on our otherwise pristine, new lift system, so not staying there, as much as DH says, "It's fine."
Congrats...except that bent nail thing...