What am I missing? Range...

Discussion in 'Mystery Parts' started by Samuel T, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Samuel T

Samuel T Member

Feb 25, 2018
    3CCF9CDC-E8F1-485B-8A5C-91BD1B16264D.jpeg DE1E1699-72AC-46B5-A760-0922DD720926.jpeg Ok. Just about done with the rebuild. As I’m connecting propane and gas flows at valve in camper. Pull stove back in for first time in who knows how long. The supply is threaded and the end from the stove looks like my air compressor quick disconnect. Am I missing a part?
  2. kcsa75

kcsa75 Active Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City

There is a piece missing from your quick connect. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure this is a connector designed and built specially for gas connections. Don't go to use a quick connect for an air compressor.
    jnc and Samuel T like this.
  3. generok

generok Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Anchorage, AK
    Yup, you're missing the female LP quick disconnect. IF you have quick disconnects, it is likely because you can use the range inside, and also outside the PUP, normally right beside the door outside. You could check to see if there is a female quick disconnect there and get one similar. There also should be some letters embossed on the male portion. The female will need to use the same numbers to work. There are a few different configurations so subtle that they may connect, but gas will not flow (ask me how I know that bit of joy), so be certain and order the right one the first time. They have them at Amazon, but also at most RV parts stores (REAL RV parts stores, not Wal Mart).

Best of luck!
    kcsa75 and Samuel T like this.