What did you do to your TV this month

Discussion in 'Tow Vehicles, Hitch & Towing' started by Yak, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Yak

Yak Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    I bought my 05 Dakota new and it's time to do some work. Last week I mounted a set of 31" Hankook ATMs, a tad taller and a bit more aggressive tread. This week, I repaired the rust in the LF inner fender, cut out the bad stuff and welded a panel in. I also replaced the rear spring shackles that were looking a bit nasty. Next, I'm going to tackle the rust on the rear wheel lips. I have 68k on it and have done very little in the 10+ years I've owned it.

2. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Mar 11, 2010
    Western NC
    Well last month we replaced it, 7 years newer and 22K miles less. This month....extendable power tow mirrors will be here Wednesday....

3. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    We bought a new-to-us TV at the end of February, and took it for the first trip Easter week. We had a tonneau cover and running boards added before the trip. We're glad we did not spring for the divider that's available, using several totes of different sizes kept it organized.
    I finally contacted the dealership about the problem floral smell in it. The "customer experience manager" agrees (by email) that it should not have happened, and that they "will take care of it". We'll see what that means.

I'm still working on solutions for the lack of door pockets, place to put a trash bag and the drier's seat that is not shaped well for either of us. Not the first vehicle that I've had to use a cushion or something to compensate for my short legs.

4. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    New carb, air filter, and changed differential oil, which I figured it needed after 39 years. I also bought a set of spare belts and hoses to carry behind the seat....No need to replace the originals before they need it....lol.

DR Stitch H.D likes this.
  5. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

Jul 18, 2013
    Thornville, OH
    Just got some 12v fans for the fridge. 2 for the outside vent and 2 for the inside coil and air circulation. This sould keep it in the mid 30's when the outside in high 90's

Started stacking up on mods this winter. New digital thermostat, New GFI outlet to be added out side so I can tap off the Air Con line and run an electric heater via short extension cord. Need to do some re- chalking.

Planning first camping trip 4/21 for 3 days hope to have mods installed for the trip.

6. Yak

Yak Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    TV!!!???

7. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Replaced battery, changed oil, new air filter, new wiper blades, new front. Crankcase seal, and flushed. Transmission. Fluid

8. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

Apr 15, 2007
    North Carolina
    Washed the pollen off of it.

9. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Active Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Kentucky
    I figured out why my 7 way trailer plug wasn't working correctly. It looks like a previous owner hit something to pinch the wires which let water in. The wire for the running lights was the worst and had corroded completely through. I tried soldering in a wire at the break, but the remaining bit was too far gone. Looks like I'll need to replace the plug since the wire broke right at it with no way to splice anything in.

10. PointyCamper

PointyCamper Active Member

Nov 25, 2015
    Washed it yesterday. It needed it. Then we closed it up because of the high winds forcast, which we did have last night. Today we continue packing!! Beach-bound
    [ALPU] [TV]

11. tcanthonyii

tcanthonyii Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Well last month I fixed the spare tire carrier. The winch was rusted up solid and would let the tire down. Also added a tail gate extender. The switch from a 6.5 bed to a 5.8 bed with the crew cab meant a lot less cargo space. Picked it up for 75 bucks in Topeka on my way home from Tulsa.

12. f5moab

f5moab Retired from the Federal Government

May 7, 2013
    Somewhere in Idaho
    Brushed and vacuumed out a bushel of white Malamute undercoat fur, from the back seat, after a trip to Moab and back. [:D] It's that time of the year. [;)]

13. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Active Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Kentucky
    I replaced the 7-way plug today. I was able to reuse the factory bracket and just drill new mounting holes. Finished in about 15 minutes.

14. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

Aug 22, 2013
    San Diego via MN
    Added oil as I set the empty jug on my parts car with a 50k less mile and much less oil burning motor....

15. HiFiDave

HiFiDave Singin round the campfire

Feb 1, 2012
  16. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Gave her a "warsh" as my pa would say. Rotated and balanced the Goodyear Wranglers. They have 52k on them. I priced new Michelins. They will go on the list and likely on the truck this fall. I'm gonna try to squeeze another 8k out of the Wranglers. They look okay for trip to NM in July, but I am starting to keep a careful eye on them.

Made my June list: differential fluid, tranny fluid and filter, dreaded Hemi tune up (appreciate suggestions DIY), cabin air filter kit install, suspension assists - then off we go to Santa Fe!

17. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Mar 11, 2010
    Western NC
    And a Kayak rack
    [​IMG]

18. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Cool! I like the barn!

19. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    The dealer had someone remove the overwhelming scent bomb stink that was still evident almost 6 weeks after purchase. So far, it is much better, though I think there's still a bit. Hoping it is down to a level that won't give me a headache after traveling in the truck for a few hours, or still be too strong for my more asthmatic friends to ride in it. We still leaving the windows ajar when it's parked, wide open as we can.
    I'm researching seat covers, I'd like to find one that is comfortable and will hold a foam seat cushion, filling in the well of the bucket, in place. I like the look of the Carhart, but we haven't decided to buy them yet.
    I need to make a seat cushion so that the driver's seat works for both of us. On this Colorado, the driver's seat slopes too much to the rear, and there is no adjustment for that. The "bolster" edge of the seat is also not comfortable for either of us. When the seat is set where I really want it, the bolster is annoying and actually makes it difficult to set my heel on the floor.

20. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

Aug 22, 2013
    San Diego via MN
    I added oil again....