What do you expect when attending a Rally

Discussion in 'General Rally Info' started by canuckblues, Jul 7, 2015.

What do you expect when you attend a rally

Poll closed Dec 4, 2015.
  1. Organized games for both Adults and Children

13.6%
  2. Pot Luck Dinner

84.1%
  3. Nightly Themed Camp fires

27.3%
  4. Day time meetups on specfic topics eg.Camp cooking,Tow vehicles ,trailer types,DO etc

31.8%
  5. Be left alone to do my own thing

72.7%
  6. Trips to local places of interest

31.8%
  7. Welcome BBQ

34.1%
  8. Pancake Breakfast

22.7%
  1. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    That's why I was surprised he said he was thinking on stepping down,.. Also why many of us don't want to change much about it all.. It ain't broke, doesn't need fixing..

I have heard that too .. As I told some, volunteer to do it and have at it..

Not that it affects us, but yes many of those who attended has young to teenage kids.. teenagers just want to do their own thing, they'll make an appearance at the campfires but that is about it until potluck.. the younger ones get bored easily and need to be taken to the beach, the park and then be put to bed early .. so yes simple works ..

2. bropaul

bropaul New Member

Aug 7, 2009
    I expect to meet new friends, swap lies around the campfire, and eat new food at the potluck.

Paul

3. Kawartha-Camper

Kawartha-Camper New Member

Aug 31, 2013
    I only stepped down because having three young children and being a lazy camper , I'd try and let someone else have a go at it.. No skin off my back .. The hard part is done we have the members.. But totally agree with you , if it ain't broke don't try and fix it . Not ruling out being wagonmaster again if the opportunity arose.. But others seem eager to give it a shot

4. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    I wouldn't call it being lazy ... you actually do more in a day camping then I do .. lol

We kept it simple and filled the loop, next is fill two .

5. Kawartha-Camper

Kawartha-Camper New Member

Aug 31, 2013
    The rally does all the work, I just show up and enjoy it :)

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Franklin, MA
    Well put. Options. Participate or don't. No biggie. No pressure.

7. ShanegoDave

ShanegoDave Member

Feb 27, 2014
    participate in the potluck, and a meet and greet seems to be the normal. without that , cant see the reason for rallies in the first place. anything else is nice, but optional.

8. Pal-O-Mino

Pal-O-Mino Life in the slow lane.

Jun 5, 2015
    You left trailer tours off the list. I got a couple at Emily, but was nervous to ask for more.

9. tandt

tandt Member

Aug 26, 2014
    I'm sure you could ask a couple of months before the rally and make a list of anyone who is willing to do a tour

10. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    Mel had a tour of the Darkside... and the greenside ...lol

[​IMG]

11. Davylee

Davylee Camping = Life is Good

May 4, 2009
    Maine
    Meet and greet fire on Friday night and pot luck on Saturday night. Keep it simple. Folks talk about mod's and if someone has a trailer that someone wants to look inside all you have to do is ask, most would probably be okay with that. If there was interest in a tour or something of a local attraction I would try and coordinate it, but I like when folks do their own thing. Fishermans Rally in RI the pot luck is basically a clam/sausage/corn/potato boil usually about $5/person for those who want to partake and then folks bring desserts and snacks.
    At the Maine Rally this year, we will have a normal pot luck, but if the campground is well liked, next year cooked lobster could be on the menu since there is a seafood place across the road that sells them live and cooked.

12. tandt

tandt Member

Aug 26, 2014
    what's the green side??

13. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    The colour of the leaves when one is "starring" up at them... lol

14. Hubmom

Hubmom New Member

Sep 19, 2015
    I'm grain intolerant and would be willing to do the gluten free version. I have an awesome chickpea flour recipe

15. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Since the weather seems to warming up for the most part. Especially for us in the north east. A lot of camping plans are being made , figured I bump this thread for a motor GREAT rally upcomming

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

16. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Pittsburgh, Pa

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

17. ShanegoDave

ShanegoDave Member

Feb 27, 2014
    What he said ^

18. cztardust

cztardust Active Member

May 29, 2013
    Kudos to you guys for putting so much effort into your rally. Every year we see the photos... smiles for miles, so your doing it right. Love the pancake breakfast idea!
    Health problems during and after the 2015 Indiana Dunes Rally left me in really bad shape until they figured out I was diabetic.
    Finally got to the point I was only able to walk with a hiking stick before another doctor checked my sugar level. Unbelievable.
    BTW I'm happy to say mom's going to be a 5 year cancer surviver in about 6 months... So we jumped all the hurdles and came out okay on the other side.
    Dawn and I will check out what's on the agenda and get back to you. I don't think hosting another rally is physically within my reach, but we can sure lend a hand if it works out we can make it to another area rally :)

jnc likes this.