What do you think is a good price for an old coleman williamsburg?

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by Dennis of Fort Mill, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Dennis of Fort Mill

Dennis of Fort Mill New Member

Nov 24, 2018
    It has at least 1 broken cable the ac does not work. It is said to have some bad places in the canvas. The asking price is 500. She says it has stove sink and a shower. She is selling for her father in-law.

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    What year is it?

3. GreyFox

GreyFox Active Member

Oct 10, 2018
    S Ontario
    It's worth only what you're willing to pay for it. ;) Whether you're prepared to put so much work into it to get it back into respectable condition only you can determine.

4. Dan from Troup

Dan from Troup Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2018
    Troup, Texas
    New canvas will cost 1k+. Lift cable is cheap, 30 bucks max. A/C replacement will cost new 1-1.5k. As you can see your $500 camper will probably cost you 3k but that’s not too bad as mine cost me 3300 and my repairs/upgrades were less than 500.00 If you don’t have other major issues then you could possibly have a good camper for less than 4k too.

5. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    I agree with the above poster a lot depends on how skilled you are and the time you have. i also think you should make sure they have a title for it. At least with the Coleman lift system everything in under the camper. The cables, pullies etc. which should make it easier. If money is tight you can replace the AC with a fan. Canvas, as long as the the rips and tears are not too huge you can put a temporary patch on. Now the biggest question of all, is what does the roof look like? I'm going by the assumption this camper would have an ABS roof. Are there lots of cracks, sagging, etc? If so a whole roof rebuild might also be in order. If the roof looks good then the camper may be worth it. If it looks like a new roof is in order than may be yet another $1000 you will be putting down to fix.

6. GreyFox

GreyFox Active Member

Oct 10, 2018
    S Ontario
    Last model year for the Williamsburg was 1995, the ABS Strata roof was introduced with the 1996 model year.

7. GreyFox

GreyFox Active Member

Oct 10, 2018
    S Ontario
    At which point the OP might as well look around for a good used camper in the $4K range that needs no work at all. :wink:

Fless likes this.