What is in your "TOOL BOX"..?

Discussion in 'PopUpPortal TV' started by landon6062, Jun 19, 2018.

1. MsMac

MsMac Active Member

May 19, 2016
    Our toolbox pretty much consists of what would be needed for "simple" fixes on the road. (I put simple in quotes because, to me, re-hanging a roof end that has fallen down while on the road is not simple, but apparently, it's not too bad if you have the right tools..)

We have a hammer, socket set, wrench, and pliers. And, that thing that I use to bang on our gate when it's frozen in the winter. LOL

As far as I see it, it makes no real difference what you have, if you can't use it. And, to echo what was stated above, we only carry what we need to get the trailer or the TV home (or to someplace else to fix it).

Insofar as tire changing goes, we carry a floor jack and star wrench.

Also, this should probably go without saying, but I'll say it anyway...jumper cables. We've used them in a pinch to get a quick charge on our PUP battery, and were also glad to have them (yet thankfully didn't need them) when our alternator went in our TV about 100 miles (and a mountain pass) away from home. All the juice left in our 12v on the trailer was looking awfully good when the battery monitor in our truck was going down precipitously...

JPBar and J Starsky like this.
  2. Mo8414

Mo8414 New Member

Jun 20, 2018
    Typical ratchets, sockets, extensions and wrenches. Pliers, razer, pickle fork, breaker bar, BFH, 1/2 Milwaukee cordless impact. Floor jack, scissor jack, jack stand. Screw drivers, cordless drill and some drill bits. Jumper cables, extra serp belt from the junk yard(cheap). Pretty much everything i need to fix anything on a car or trailer.

3. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    1/4 through 1/2 inch socket sets deep and shallow, with ratchets and extensions Metric and Sae. Metric and Sae wrenches up to 3/4 inch and 19 MM. various screwdrivers and pliers, crescent wrenches fuses, hose clamps. Battery air comp with jump start. cordless drill. heater hose fittings electrical tape, and a lot of junk that I will probably never use

4. silverfz

silverfz Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Mechanic tool box from walmart
    1/2 kobalt impact wrench and deep sockets- takes a wheel off in 2 minutes flat once off the ground.
    Adapter to put down stabilizer with my 1/4 impact wrench or 1/2 impact wrench