What is the scariest noise your pop up has ever made.

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by MyName, Feb 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Lumbergodd

Lumbergodd Member

Our first night out in our NTU camper the furnace came on in the middle of the night. We had no idea what it was, at first. The problem was we had no propane and I couldn't figure out how to turn it off as it was just blowing cold air.. I had to go outside and unplug the electric cord from the post to get it to stop. I have since disconnected the wiring and we just use a small electric space heater if it gets too cold.

HappyTraveler likes this.
  2. Jeep Guy

Jeep Guy Active Member

We were camping last October 2018 and we were sitting around the campsite when I heard a loud pop then smelled a burnt electrical smell. I ran into the camper and there was a little smoke. I could not find the source at first then I realized that the AC was no longer blowing cold air so I turned it off. When we got home the next day, I took the rooftop cover off and saw that the capacity had pretty much exploded. I replaced the capacitor and the starter but it was no good, the compressor would no longer run. The AC was 10 years old though so I bought a new rooftop Coleman AC.

HappyTraveler likes this.