What type of music you like to listen

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Briann58, Apr 23, 2019.

1. crackerJack

crackerJack Well-Known Member

In the evenings we play a lot of cards by lantern light. Rummy and Spades are the family favorites.
    Definitely have some music playing with the volume low enough not to be heard out of our campsite.
    I have several playlists. New Rock/Metal for me, Pop for the kids and new and old country for DW and I.

Kampus likes this.
  2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Lol you said boom box! I take the portable speaker thing that bluetooth conects to the phone. I usally check the volume by walking out in a direction to see of its intrusive.

neighbormike and crackerJack like this.
  3. Buckmaster81

Buckmaster81 Member

Metal... the heavier the better.

Kampus, crackerJack and Sjm9911 like this.
  4. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Aerosmith! And all classic rock, but not while camping.

We have an old 80's boom box that DH always manages to smuggle on camping trips. He wants music while camping, I don't. We go back and forth turning it off and on. He does keep it low, but it mostly worries me that others will hear it, regardless of the volume. Sound carries outdoors.

Thankfully, the last couple trips, he has just used Bluetooth headphones and listened to music from his phone. Maybe I'll sell that old boombox on eBay to make sure it stays that way. They are actually worth something now.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  5. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

I grew up at the campsite listening to "Solid Gold Oldies" on "THE" boom box... my stepdad had one B.A. boom box back in the day.... I still want to hear it to this day! While camping, I usually listen to classic country, but come Saturday night, all I really want to hear is some good Motown, and 50's & 60's. Man, I miss camping with him, but do my best to carry on a wonderful tradition!

Rik Peery likes this.
  6. Buckmaster81

Buckmaster81 Member

It’s like reading my own bio right down to the tinnitus. It’s deafening. I love to hunt but the silence of the woods is one of the most painful things to deal with as that’s when I hear it the most.
    Architects... never heard of them but sounds promising. Soilwork has been my go to as of lately. Plenty of heavy with a nice mix of melodic, similar to killswitch but faster.

Rik Peery and Kampus like this.
  7. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

We listen to a large range of music. But mostly country, bluegrass and 80's music we listened to in high school. Our TV has satellite radio and we listen mostly to channel 56 (The Highway), I believe it channel 56 now? and Prime Country (channel 59?) mostly while driving. At the campground we have the music on but in the background and low volume so we can talk without getting loud.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Active Member

Most everything except thrash metal. My favorite types are blues and Americana...

9. seldomseen380

seldomseen380 Active Member

I am in the Pink Floyd crowd. I also like the 80's stuff by Tears for Fears, INXS, The Fixx, etc.

I listen to music to hear Music, Not Thrashing Guitars, Screaming Lead Vocal Freaks, or the Crap out today, sung by One Hit, Nasal Singing, No Talent, (insert gender)...

I listen in the car to and from, and at the campsite at lower volume levels. I listen to nature while I am hiking, kayaking, or fishing. But, the ringing in my ears, most of the time, overcomes the sounds of nature...[8D]

10. brwarrior

brwarrior Active Member

I listen to music to drown out the silence. I'll have the stereo on low if I can find a local country station. I'm more of a 90s country (Garth, George, etc.) Closest on XM is the Y2Country channel which is where the truck lives generally. Sometimes Garth's channel but it has some stuff that annoys me at times so I rarely listen. The other radio sits on 146.52 on the road (throw out a call every 10-20 minutes traffic allowing) or I spin the dial and "read the mail" on 20, 40 and 80 in camp.

11. Andy G.

Andy G. Member

No music for me. I work in the entertainment industry, and I yearn for only the sounds of my family and nature.

kcsa75, Rik Peery and WrkrBee like this.
  12. Lumbergodd

Lumbergodd Member

You'll never hear music at my campsite, mostly because I want the silence and no one else seems to appreciate my tastes. When I'm alone I listen to Zappa, Beefheart, Bowie, Yes, ELP, King Crimson, etc. These musicians aren't conducive to a relaxing weekend.

13. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

Anybody else think music has changed since it got electrified and amplified? I still prefer true piano and strings. I like the acoustic guitars, banjo, mandolin, violin (Fiddle), viola, dulcimer, etc.

shuang2 and Rik Peery like this.
  14. RkyMountainRose

RkyMountainRose Member

I love the Y2Country station! Got tickets to see Garth in June and I can’t wait!!

I don’t have an HF rig set up in the rig (haha!), but I’m generally tuned to the local ragchew repeater in the Jeep. Always a good time being a YL on that repeater.

15. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

We never play anything. But do hear the bard owls, night hawks, frogs, threshers, coyotes and others.

WrkrBee and Rik Peery like this.
  16. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member

The sounds of silence for me now lol...on occasion, years ago we'd listen to Solid Gold Saturday Night, grew up in the 50s/60s & liked the AM station music, but now prefer to hear critters in the leaves before they raid the camp site...if I to choose to hear something, guess it would be old C&W or bluegrass, & that at a LOW volume...

17. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member

Dang tinnitus probs myself, thanks to Uncle Sammy & chopper blades/loud bangs etc, fortunately over the years I've grown somewhat used to it when hunting etc, night time is the worse for me...

Arlyn Aronson likes this.
  18. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

Seems quite a few of us might have that. But still glad to be out and enjoying things.

Rik Peery likes this.
  19. bols2Dawall

bols2Dawall S.W. Ontario

Classic Rock with some 80's thrown in

20. JarHead Joe

JarHead Joe New Member

Much of my camping is going to Bluegrass festivals so thats what I listen to on the road and in camp. Lots of campsite and parking lot picking so its fun to just walk around and stop in at any campsite and enjoy the music.

neighbormike likes this.