Where to buy a new awning

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by KJD_0214, Mar 20, 2017.

1. KJD_0214

KJD_0214 New Member

Mar 15, 2017
    I currently have a Carefree of Colorado awnung that the bag is dry rotting and the awning is separating from the bag. Canvas repair shop wants almost $200 to make and fix the new bag/awning. Seems like a waste when I can buy one for $250-$300. What brands or websites do you recommend for a new awning?

2. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Feb 6, 2007
    Centerville, OH
    I see the carefree ones new on eBay for between 200 and 300 a pop.

3. crackerJack

crackerJack Active Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Scottsville, KY
    I bought a new Dometic on eBay. I really like it. My original Coleman was destroyed last year. The wind out west is an unrelenting thief. I wouldn't trade all the humidity in the south, for the wind out west.

4. nolesman76

nolesman76 New Member

Apr 22, 2015
  5. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

Feb 28, 2016
    Illinois
    When it's time to replace mine I'll be sticking to the Dometic. So many folks have a hard time putting up awnings solo, I don't have a problem after some practice.

6. kcsa75

kcsa75 Active Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
  7. durhamcamper

durhamcamper Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Pickering, Ontario
    I replaced my awning 2 years ago with a Classic Bag Awning from RV Workshop. Dale was great to deal with and I am extremely happy with the quality and price. Check out rvworkshop.com

8. roybraddy

roybraddy Active Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    My awning bag bit the dust last season due to SUn UVs... I just removed the whole thing until I figure out how to replace or repair it.

In the meantime I am using one of those WALMART straight leg 10' by 10' canopy. It comes in a nice carry case and when I put it up I can place just outside the access door.

Works pretty good for me...

[​IMG]
    Google Image

Actually it is working so well I might not even try to replace my awning... haha
    This cost around $120 I think it was from WALMART

I have the luxury if having alot of space to carry something along like this with my large front deck and truck bed space.

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]