Where to find a hitch with driver's side sway bar.

Discussion in 'Tow Vehicles, Hitch & Towing' started by Mellow Ducky, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Mellow Ducky

Mellow Ducky New Member

Sep 3, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    Hi All!

I have a 2000 Bayside Elite and I'm towing it with a 2017 F-150 SuperCrew. The camper is set up with a driver's side friction sway bar. What they did is take a 2 inch drop hitch with the sway ball on the passenger's side, so they flipped it and it's now a 3/4 inch raise with the sway ball on the driver's side. With the camper hooked up to my truck with this setup, the front end is raised quite a bit and of course limits the rear end clearance. I know that I probably don't need the sway bar, but since it's already there I'd like to use it.

Does anyone know where I can find a 2 inch drop hitch with the sway bar tab on the driver's side? I can only find the weld on yourself tab.

Thanks!

2. davekkk

davekkk Active Member

Oct 7, 2013
    Mellow Ducky likes this.
  3. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    That's what I bought also, other then the weld in place looks like the only option, you need to get the ball also.

4. Adam H

Adam H Active Member

Aug 22, 2015
    California
    Do you even need a sway bar with that truck? I know the Baysides have a tendency to sway but.....

5. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Why not just use the weld on tab? Its a 5 minute welding job.

6. Sjm9911

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    If you don't have a welder, or are in a new area, sometimes it's hard to find someone to do that small of a job.

I atually had my sway bar on , and when an 28 wheeler passed me at 95 mph on a windy hill my pup started to sway. I needed to use the break controll to keep it in check. Would it have been worse with out the sway bar, probubly. Did I tow it without a sway bar and have 0 problums before this , yes. So I was glad it was on even if it was only once so far that this happened. Additionally after reading the op, try to get a hitch that pulls the pop up level. I needed a 4 inch drop hitch on mine. This will help also. As will directly packing the pop up for travel. That's putting more weight twored the hitch end, and evenly distribute it.

7. Sjm9911

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    Lol , 18 wheeler. Not 28.

8. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    You may just need a different ball mount. You want the ball to be level or a little down. The tab for the sway bar is available but has to be welded on.

9. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Feb 6, 2007
    Centerville, OH
    Mellow Ducky likes this.
  10. Mellow Ducky

Mellow Ducky New Member

Sep 3, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    I went with the bolt on kit, just to keep cost down. But I'm going to get this one when I need to upgrade! Awesome!

11. Valerie Hall

Valerie Hall New Member

Sep 19, 2018
    North Carolina