Winter Storm in Massachusetts

Discussion in 'General Weather Forum' started by 3hooligans, Mar 5, 2018.

1. 3hooligans

3hooligans Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Boston
    So as many of you have seen on the news, In Boston, Especially the coast, we got hit with a pretty good Nor'easter. Quincy where I live got hit pretty bad. We had no damage or issues other than floods roads in the neighbor hood. I was glad to have the PUP in a garage where it was safe( I checked on it).

We also have family in Sandwich, as we took a drive thru the Neighborhood and the beach to see Mother natures fury and destruction, we saw a lot of erosion on the beach, a house tettering on the dunes about to fall in and a lot of pine trees on homes. And No Power for most of the area. Which means no heat for a lot of folks.

When we were driving around I noticed a person had decided to set up their A frame ALiner to stay in for the duration without power. It made me chuckle and think to myself that we always have a second home with us. ( Might be a bit too cold in January and February, so only 10 month out of the year.)

2. Yak

Yak Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    SE PA here, no power since Friday, not due back on til Friday morning

3. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Sometimes it is hard to figure Mother Nature out , we cannot change it and have to live with the repercussions. I feel for the folks up north who need power and to try to stay warm as it is cold this time of year. In the south most of our bad weather comes in the summer or fall when the temperature is a little more conducive to staying warm. Floods are always bad, and it seems that Texas, Miss. and that are has had their share of bad weather for the past couple of years .
    All we can do is "keep on keeping" on hoping for the best sticking together and helping our friends and neighbors as much as we can. Good Luck and Happy Camping

4. 3hooligans

3hooligans Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Boston
    Hope you get power back soon. May not want to use your passport as a temporary home as we have more weather coming our way.