Wireless thermometer

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by nineoaks2004, Jul 14, 2018.

1. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    I bought 2 wireless thermometer from Wally World, the old one had a heat problem, the heat destroyed the lcd readout. I got home and discovered that all three read the same exact thing, even the one in the camper. I read the instruction and discovered that all three were reading the one under the carport, the distance is 165 feet. So the one in my reefer will not read correctly until I get on the road camping.:) unless I get a different brand. BTW they work wireless really good for reading the temp in the reefer without having to open the door. and for $9.88 they are a bargain the old one has worked for several years.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  2. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2015
    DFW, TX
    I just bought some on clearance from Target, about $5 I think. They have a single wireless transmitter each. Although they are identical I could get each one to lock onto a single transmitter each. I think what I did was power up one unit to get it to sync, then the next one but I had to do the reset function. I have one base that reads the fridge and the other to read either outdoors or in a bunk as needed. I just move it around.

I would really like to get a big base station that reads multiple units. It would be nice to have one base with sensors outside, in the fridge, in reach bunk and in the secondary fridge when I bring it.

If yours has reset button to resync you might want to experiment.

3. jgdurbin

jgdurbin New Member

Jun 11, 2017
    Annandale, VA
    There is always this option: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B078BRM9QG/. We took this out this past weekend and it worked well to monitor fridge, freezer, and internal trailer temps.

I did have an issue with it initially locking up on another wireless sensor we have in our house...but by removing the batteries I was able to get the base unit to lock up in the sequence I desired.

4. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    It took me a couple of tries to find a wireless thermometer that would work in our refrigerator and freezer. The small wireless ones I tried seemed to have issues transmitting through the door. The one I ended up using does have a wireless transmitter, but since the sensor is at the end of a wire, we just mounted the transmitter outside the refrigerator, the sire stays out of the way in the door molding, and the sensor bulb is held in place on the walls of the fridge with Command wire thingies.
    I like the max/min feature, so we know that both refrigerator and freezer stay in the safe and frozen zones, and how hot/cold the cabin of the TT got. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EYIEDOI/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Wireless thermometer link up has been solved. I placed the receiver and the transmitter in the reefer together over night, they linked up and have been good ever since then and it has been over 3 days now. I have had no problem using them for a long time and have never had a problem of them linking up thru the reefer, I only use the transmitter in the bottom of the reefer, if it gets cold enough the the freezer is fine, the receiver sits on my sink top and 1/2 of it reads the temp on the inside.