With a heavy heart.

Discussion in 'Camping for the Medically/Physically Challenged' started by Bowman3d, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Bowman3d

Bowman3d Active Member

Apr 13, 2015
    LaLa land
    With a heavy heart I have to take a generator with me this trip. The wife is having breathing issues and sometimes needs to use a nebulizer. It's to late to find a 12v one as we leave in the morning. I apologise to my fellow campers for the inconvenience and promise to use it only if she needs to use her nebulizer and to a minimum. Fortunately this is not a normal camping trip, it's our yearly company camp out so it's more of a party atmosphere.

2. bob barnes

bob barnes Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2017
    Well good luck you can probably hold it down some are you on el. at the campground?

3. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    We always carry our 2KW Generator secured in the tail gate corner of my truck covered and locked truck bed.

My camping setup is using a extended battery bank and we can can survive with all we want running when camping just using our batteries. Then at 8Am the next morning we will run our 2KW generator for about three hours when allowed to re-charge our 50% battery bank back up to the 90% battery state of charge so we can do this all over again for the next day/night off the batteries.
    [​IMG]
    Roy's image

Just about everywhere around here does not allow the running of the generator at public camping areas including the Natl Forest after 8PM at night until around 8AM the next morning. Hope you have better luck where you are going to be... Maybe you can get away with it since it is health thing...

Just saying... Something to check on so you won't be surprised on the trip with your generator running all the time.

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

bob barnes likes this.
  4. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Isn't it worse that it is your companies trip? The people that you aggravate are people you will need to deal with in the future.

5. DJS12354

DJS12354 Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Northeast PA
    Or an opportunity for small revenge? :)

Bowman3d likes this.
  6. bob barnes

Mar 26, 2017
    some people respect other people some don't. I hate for the 500k rig to come in get ready! They care for no one but themselves!!

7. Bowman3d

Bowman3d Active Member

Apr 13, 2015
    LaLa land
    Well just got back. All went well and we didn't have to use the generator. Wife had no problem breathing though it was cold up there at about 5k ft. Batteries held up all weekend. But the furnace ran constantly so on the last morning I had to get up at 4am to change tanks. I guess my next project will be to change the regulator to a double tank auto switch over and a thermostat mod.

tfischer likes this.
  8. Bowman3d

Bowman3d Active Member

Apr 13, 2015
    LaLa land
    Actually no, it’s better because it’s more of a party and everyone is more forgiving. Plus they all know my wife’s health problems.i just don’t like using generator for camping if I can help it.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    Orchid and tfischer like this.
  9. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

Glad it all worked out and your wife didn't have any issues.

Bowman3d likes this.
  10. bob barnes

Mar 26, 2017
    Yes I am too! Good for you!

bob

Bowman3d likes this.