WOLDS MOST EXPENSIVE RV 3 MILLION PLUS

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by vik-king, May 7, 2012.

1. vik-king

vik-king New Member

Feb 3, 2012
  2. suprz

suprz may you never doubt yourself....

Feb 1, 2007
    Damn ugly and very spartan inside......yeeech

3. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

Aug 2, 2011
    Steinbach, MB
    This might sound petty, but I think that if you've got 3 million to toss at a toy like that, clearly you're a self-indulgent, impulsive individual, you've got too much money and too little self-esteem.

Quite honestly, that "RV" is so totally decadent that it's virtually useless for anything other than enabling its' owner to brag about how much money they wasted on it. That thing probably depreciates more in the first year than the average Joe earns in a lifetime.

Hey, I like nice things as much as the next guy but like most of the folks here, usually opt for the basics with a few extras if they're warranted. Nope, $3 million could make such a positive impact on so many lives that it should be a crime to waste that much money on a toy.

I guess that if a person wanted to save a few bucks and was able to bear the shame of buying a used RV, they could probably find one of these parked beside an 82' yacht at a bankruptcy auction somewhere.

That's where I'd look! [LOL]

4. bccamper

bccamper Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Not for me, I'd much rather have a souped up, top of the line truck and pup than that!

5. zuley

zuley New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Sorry but that thing is "butt ugly"!! Couldn't imagine anyone wanting one.

6. Mosbyranger

Mosbyranger Onward, thru the fog...

May 29, 2009
    Western Colorado
    Gosh, I just ordered two. What a buncha haters out there. It was the glow in the dark paint that sold me.
    MR

7. CommaHolly

CommaHolly New Member

Mar 28, 2012
    I am in the "butt ugly" crowd (hm, that didn't sound right [:D] )

and way too expensive,,,,,

8. turborich

turborich Active Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Ugliest thing that I've ever seen. [:(O]

9. Tnerb

Tnerb New Member

May 22, 2011
    I agree.....

10. mred

mred 2008 Fleetwood Avalon, 2001 f350

Where's the canvas....

11. cwolfman13

cwolfman13 New Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Definitely "unique". In RE to the price tag....yeah, seems monstorous to the average jo (me and you), but for the folks that could actually afford such a thing, it's a drop in the bucket. I bet Warren Buffett pulls that kind of $$$ down in a couple hours. A lot of these folks, including athletes and other celebrities have yachts with price tags that dwarf $3M.....never mind their homes; yes, homes plural.

12. dion

dion Member

Apr 26, 2012
    I understand the point of most RVs, even ones I wouldn't want personally, but I don't really "get" this one.

The 3 million dollar RV doesn't look like a comfortable place to pop a cold one open after a long dirty day of hiking. It's too elegant for use as a home base in a National Park or other scenic wilderness area. It's too big for use in an urban area, or for many campgrounds for that matter. It's so weird looking that it would attract annoying curiosity seekers in any campground.

I'm trying to think of where this contraption would have any advantage whatsoever over a much cheaper Prevost bus conversion (which isn't my style either). The only thing I can imagine is that it might be used as a status symbol at some Los Angeles nightclub or concert auditorium, sort of a fancy version of a rock and roll band's tour bus. Not for me.

13. zuley

zuley New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    I agree with you 100 percent wolfman. However, I doubt very much if Michael Jordon's mega yacht is "butt ugly".

14. cwolfman13

cwolfman13 New Member

Feb 9, 2011
    I definitely think it's a status symbol more than anything. I highly doubt a multi millionaire's/billionaire's idea of camping comes remotely close to what we think of. Who knows when any of these individuals were last on a hike or even saw a speck of dirt. When you have millions and billions, you're not really necessarily interested in, "such and such would serve the same purposes and be much cheaper." It's all about status and being one of the elite.

Most likely such a contraption would simply be used to "impress" their other wealthy "friends", I doubt any true camping would be happening.....personally, I'm imagining it's use would be something like...."yeah, come on over to the mansion....no no, not that mansion; the other one on top of the hill.....yeah, come on over....since their will be a few of us, we'll take the EleMMent instead of the limo (with driver and serving staff) down to the private marina and then we'll take the yacht out for the day. We can have cocktails on the way and I'll have Jeeves prepare us some hamburgers....it'll be just like camping! We can party our rich asses off all day on the yacht and even crash if we want....or I can have the captain drop us off at the marina and my driver can take us back to the mansion in the EleMMent....maybe we'll go the mansion in the valley for evening cocktails or something. Oh, what a great camping trip!"

Rap mogul, Birdman, is on the waiting list.

15. Dubbya

Aug 2, 2011
    Steinbach, MB
    I'd rather spend a few bucks on an old jalopy, fix it up and have a ball camping the heck out of it than shoot the wad on something that fancy and camp in luxury once or twice a year (if that) only to have it sit in an outdoor storage yard until it falls apart.

We've all seen those storage yards along the highway... Filled to the brim with high-dollar rigs, interspersed with one or two sad little pups. All of them sitting there... flat tires, hitch jacks sunken into the ground, filthy, rotting and neglected, blue poly tarps ripped and flapping in the wind... It breaks my heart! [:(]

Hmmm... It's got me thinking there might be a buck to be made here... a business like "dog-walking" but for pups! [LOL]

Yeah, I'd just need to convince folks to pay me to take their pups out for a spin, stretch it out in the fresh air, give it some exercise and spend some "quality time" with it every now and again... I could even bring it back to the storage yard and email them a report listing any repairs that might be required!

Yep, sounds like a win-win solution to me! [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

16. cwolfman13

cwolfman13 New Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Anyone who could actually afford this would probably also have a dedicated garage on their property, or they would build one....or they would just purchase an entire storage facility. I'm sure Jeeves would be washing and waxing daily. Don't think anyone in the top 1% would be blowing their wad here.....$3M is a drop in the bucket for multi billionaires. Completely different world, we don't understand them and can't comprehend having that kind of money.....they can't relate to us, nor do they care to; we are just lowly peons who actually "earn" less in an entire year than their money makes during their 10 minute cat nap before Jeeves serves lunch.

Have to say......if I was a top 1%er, I'd probably have one of these.....just because I could. It would look fabulous parked next to my Lear Jet and yacht....and hellicopter.

By the way, here's the yacht I want:

https://www.google.com/search?q=rising+sun+yacht&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=vCW1T5uEHvLJiQLckJGlAg&ved=0CF4QsAQ&biw=1350&bih=567

It's called the "Rising Sun" and is co-owned by Oracle CEO and producer David Geffen. Price tag....$200M. 5 stories and 82 rooms with more than 24,000 sq ft of living space; my house is about 1,800 sq ft.

Yup....if I ever make it big, I'm buying the Rising Sun and an EleMMent.....gotta keep up with the Jones' so to speak....or the Buffett's as it were. I will ride in the EleMMent on my way to the marina to board the Rising Sun. I will send Jeeves in the hellicopter to resupply as necessary. Going to take a nice long trip to Europe where I will have the Rising Sun captained over with the EleMMent on board....I myself will fly over in the Learjet and then will cruise the coast. I will have my driver follow our route by land in the EleMMent just incase I want to get off the yacht and do some site seeing or something. Oh....it's gonna be grand I tell ya! [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

17. Dubbya

Aug 2, 2011
    Steinbach, MB
    Well, I wish you the greatest success, cwolfman and, if you ever do strike it rich, my offer stands!

If you ever need someone to take any of your toys out for some fresh air, just let me know! I'd be more than happy to charge you ridiculously exorbitant fees so you could maintain an air of supremacy!

Yep, I'm a swell guy, just ask me and I'll tell ya! [:D]

18. cwolfman13

cwolfman13 New Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Excellent.....I will definitely keep you in mind [LOL] . Meanwhile, I guess I need to start a new post in the camping trip/suggestions board to see if anyone has any thoughts on the French Riviera and where I can park my EleMMent there. I'll definitely be needing a site with hookups.....perhaps I can just rent out the whole campground there, as I do like my privacy.....better yet, maybe I'll just buy the campground. Thought I'd spend a week and then get back on the yacht for some more ocean "camping". Boy do I love planning a good camping trip [LOL] .

Anyone know where I can find myself some good mercenaries....I'll probably need them out at sea to protect my yacht from pirates. Gotta plan ahead!

19. Dubbya

Aug 2, 2011
    Steinbach, MB
    Bah, hookups! You're not thinkin' like a high roller, bud!

[​IMG]
    NEW 2013 Peterbilt 348 - NEW UnitedBuilt 5000 Gallon 5-Valve Air System
    $125,000US.

Mail me a check, fly me down to Phoenix and I'll pick it up for ya!

While we're at it, we can use the water truck to tow the light tower/genset trailer.
    [​IMG]
    Not sure the sales guys took me seriously so I'm still waiting on a price for it.

While we're at it, I figure we might as well get this too and take care of everything at the same time.
    [​IMG]

I was thinking we might need to provide sleeping quarters and a lunch truck for the drivers. Originally, I'd planned to put them up in their own Prevost custom tour bus, but I'm sure you'd rather have your privacy. I guess the better solution might be to use the helicopter to fly them to and from their luxury hotel rooms. Of course, you'd want to compensate them fairly but I don't want to throw your money away, so we could just have the crew bring their own bag lunches but it's your money and your decision.

Ah, nuts.. just occurred that we might have to add a fuel truck for the helicopter... well, it couldn't cost much more than another $119,00.00.

20. 4MCampers

4MCampers New Member

Mar 23, 2012
    If I had an extra $3,000,000 I'd rather rehab a deteriorated park and create a nice camping facility to go with it. While interesting from a concept vehicle standpoint, it's not really an RV but instead a rolling mansion.