Yellowjacket mischief x 4

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by Anthony Hitchings, Mar 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Member

In my used 2003 Aliner Scout

1. found me a dead yellowjacket in the storage compartment on left rear, behind the converter.

2. found a tiny starter nest in the frig control panel wiring

3. found a small nest in the space between front facing wall of Frig and matching wall on cabinet - probably why the former owner sprayed foam between cabinet wall and frig - just enough to block yellow jacket access

4. found a tiny nest blocking 92% of the bottom of my propane burner tube !!! Actually - it was a lot of charred pieces by the time I knocked it loose. The frig had not been working in LP mode. The "crack pipe" turned out to be clean.

While the frig space is open I can re-rout the thermostat wiring from the front of the kitchen cabinet to the rear - by the main bed :)

PopUpSteve likes this.
  2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

They love to find places like those to next. Plus they get to travel and see the world.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  3. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

wasp nests here will pop up overnight, the Hornets take longer but are a lot more dangerous, they love the MH in the area of the awning but a can of the spray that shoots 20 + ft. usually kills them and then a water hose melts the nest.
    A tooth brush will usually clean the nest off, also check the vent for spider webs, spiders love the vents.