Your Theme / Color Scheme and Why

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by Toedtoes, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

May 28, 2018
    California
    With the fabric thread, I started wondering what theme/color scheme folks have selected and why.

I'll start. When I had my TT, I had picked up some wall tins for Sun Records. When I traded that in for the clipper, I kept the tins, but decided to go with more of a 70's theme. I ended up doing bright orange and lime green. I love it because it's bright and fun every time I go inside. I have added as much plush as possible to soften the look a bit and make it cozy and cushy. I have kept the Sun Records decorations.

For the FnR, I decided I wanted a different atmosphere, but retain the plush, cozy, cushy feel. So, I went with shades of silver and grey with accents of forest green. I've kept decor to trees. It feels cool and refreshing like a sunlit pond in a copse of trees.

Definitely different, but both make me happy every time I go inside them.

Attached Files:

jnc likes this.
  2. Mamie

Mamie Active Member

Sep 11, 2017
    LA - Lower Alabama
    I haven't gotten that far.

Toedtoes likes this.
  3. DJS12354

DJS12354 Well-Known Member

Just the way it was when we brought it. All clean and in great shape. Why change it for us?

4. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    The theme for our first one was sort of "outdoor", the quilt I made for it used fabrics with moose, beat, etc. The cushion covers, after our renovation, were all made from canvas, so neutral. Made slipcovers in some inexpensive fabric that had green in it, which went with the quilt.
    Second pup ended up with a SW/Route 66 theme, the quilt (still in use in our TT) has lots of Route 66 fabrics, national parks, etc. Throw pillows used similar fabrics, again, still in use in the TT.
    TT is a White Water Retro, so arrived with a vintage feel. Black and white checkerboard, floor, light tan wall covering, and cherry-look wood; silver/cream vinyl dinette. I made another quilt with "atomic" and other vintage look fabrics, which will be nice if I ever get it in hand. (Long story, still with the quilter after 3 years, haven't figured out how to retrieve it.) Have another vintage look quilt in progress, will quilt it myself; it will be a lighter weight than the Route 66 one. Hated the striped curtains that came with it, they produced an interesting strove effect if we camped where headlights could rake across the windows at night. I made dark cobalt color ones, which coordinate with the quilt. Will replace those with a lighter set, since they seem to suck in the light from the ceiling light. (Also will use a lining that may give a bit more thermal protection when the sun beats in.)
    I've put a few decals on the walls, pretty door knobs on the cupboards (easier to grasp than the originals. Since one reason we have the trailer is to make life easier, I haven't done all the decorations many of the SOTF and glampers do in similar trailers. I try to limit how much has to be secured for travel.

Toedtoes likes this.
  5. Toedtoes

May 28, 2018
    California
    I get that. Everything in both my campers has a place and doesn't need to be removed for travel. I have used museum wax and double stick tape where needed.

Love your themes - very "camping" and "rv". :)

6. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    In my old Jayco I already really liked the colors, a county blue with grayish blue cushions. So outside of adding curtains because the old ones were moldy I didn't touch it. My new to me camper had UGLY what my niece dubed "puke orange" with forest green colors and im working to change it ever so slowly. I decided to reuse the curtains from the Jayco so sticking with the blue theme. Found some print fabric that had the same colors. Now just got to figure out what fabric to choose for the cushions. I want something easy to clean so my options are very limited.

Toedtoes likes this.
  7. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Fort Worth, TX
    my skamper sofa is “forest tapestry”. mom & i attended TRF & it was purrfect for that event. (TRF Texas Renaissance festival )

now thats its just mine, the 2 big changes are cosmetic.
    painted cabinets gray, (the FAKE wood was - fake oak)
    added layer of ivory sheers to top of dark forest green curtains - so when curtains were shut at night, camper wasnt so dark inside.
    nylon is a good insulator.

all my other serious upgrades /remodels are for practical reasons, like installing power ports!

Attached Files:

8. Toedtoes

May 28, 2018
    California
    Nice! The curtains look great. I thought about painting the clipper cabinets, but didn't want white and nothing else really worked with the orange and green.

9. JunieB

JunieB Active Member

May 8, 2018
    Central Florida
    I have not had much time yet to work on decor. Thought I would "go tropical" in colors since the existing curtains are dark green, but with white to the exterior. Those work all right. I need some accents in tropical colors like teal, pink, orange. I have orange dishes. Have some teal-colored pillow covers. First order is to get it leak-free before I can put much investment into decor.
    I have some sand-colored paint to do the cabinets when I get around to it.

10. Toedtoes

May 28, 2018
    California
    That will be nice. And tropical is very popular with outdoor fabrics and decor, so you'll have an easy time finding stuff at a good price.

IA friend has a new to her mini motorhome. She's not much into decorating, but rather just finds random stuff she likes. It works as her taste leans towards casual Hippy. When we first looked at the motorhome, it had different colored glass knobs on the cabinets. I made a prediction and the next day when we picked it up, there were no knobs on any of the cabinets... So, as an "RV Warming" gift, I got her a bunch of handpainted ceramic knobs in various designs that matched her interests and taste: parrot, surfboard, peace sign, rainbow, psychedelic design, etc. They fit great and don't come off "matchy matchy" (which so isn't her)..

11. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Active Member

Jul 18, 2015
    North Syracuse, New York
    I had some red and blue vinyl that I was going to use for another project but decided to use it on the seat cushions for the camper. We also found some really cute camping bears fabric that I used to make window curtains. When our boys became teens we decided we wanted a little more privacy and picked up some red and blue curtains at Target which match the seat cushions exactly.