“Birthdays Rally at Wolfcreek” Sept 7-9, 2018

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by lonestarcamper, Jul 9, 2018.

1. mrs.sarabglover

mrs.sarabglover Member

I'm thinking RIBS for potluck from us!!

Breakfast...Well, Adrian's not much of a cooker so.............. [:D]:laugh:[LOL][LOL][LOL][LOL][LOL]
    breakfast bars anyone?

2. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

We plan to make 2 pounds bacon for Saturday breakfast.
    I'll have my Coleman grill if any one would like to take on making eggs or pancakes. Might being some breakfast sausage too. Guys we can huddle up for breakfast plans Friday evening. I plan to set a canopy like we did last year. Adrian will you be able to set up your canopy as well? Any one that can bring a table please do. I will bring a folding 5 ft table and a smaller folding table for the cake. Thanks everyone. Txbum...Richard site 15...

Katskamper likes this.
  3. Txbum

Ok Sara, no peanuts.

4. Txbum

Birthday list as follows, Ann, Colin, Christy, Sara, Leah, Phoenix, Richard. Have I missed any one? Any September birthday people still out there? Oh yeah Barney!

5. Txbum

Sara, we are prepping for potluck some German style Schulenburg sausages.

6. eagleclan

eagleclan New Member

@Katskamper I have yellow and red yarn. I've also got some fabric dye to pitch in. Let me know what other stuff you need, I have an overabundance of craft supplies. Do you think there will be time/interest in making dream catchers? If so I can bring materials and help with the production. Some other thoughts I had for the kids if there is interest are a scavenger hunt and a night time glow-stick tag game. For either, I can put together needed items.

I was planning on bringing a pot of beans and salad fixings to the pot-luck unless somebody has already planned for either of those. For breakfast I can bring tortillas, OJ, coffee fixings and eggs.

Most likely we will be getting in around 7 on Friday as the boys will be in school until 3-4, so spaghetti will be a welcome. I cant wait! We are popping up the pup today to get her road-ready.

Katskamper likes this.
  7. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

ann wants to make a cassarole, im thinking antipasta salad and kabob veggies (no meat on sticks)
    are we cooking anything at dinner?

i have 2 card tables & lap trays.

repairs are DONE!
    springs over axle conversion successful. !

now organize, primp & pack!
    truck has 9;30 tues appt for balance & rotate tires.

still need to get spare tire & air them up good, even marked rim with proper inflation number.

8. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

its RAINING

i was not expecting it this morning! glad i had the roof vent shut.
    ( vent cover is next on my upgrade list.)

its testing my waterproofing & rinsing off the box & awning.
    and delaying my packup.

getting excited!

9. Txbum

Yep, we are to begin packing today. Had to get some last minute supplies for cake. I found some sparkler candles!....I plan to take two pop up canopies. One to use at campsite and one at pop luck site. Hope to be there by noon Friday. Richard

10. Txbum

Katskamper, I did not understand your comment "are we cooking anything at dinner?"... The only organized planned meals usually are breakfast on Saturday and the Saturday night potluck. The rest meals are prepare as you need. Usually someone is grilling something, when we do grill ,we share.

11. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

I'm making stuffed bell peppers for pot luck. Going to break in the Lodge dutch oven I've been wanting to get. My little easy up got trashed in a wind storm over here so I have a newer one. (Has LED lighting built in). Plus one six foot folding table.

What kind of forecast do we have for the weekend? I am seeing TS Gordon about to wander over our way.

Phoodieman

12. eagleclan

eagleclan New Member

FRI SEP 14 - Mostly Sunny , H/L 89°71°, Rain - 20%, Wind SE 6 mph 68%

SAT SEP 15 - PM Thunderstorms, H/L 90°72°, Rain -40%, Wind SE 6 mph 68%

SUN SEP 16- Scattered Thunderstorms, 90°72°, Rain - 50%, SE 6 mph 69%

This from The Weather channel https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/77340:4:US

13. Merlin14

Merlin14 Active Member

This is the weather forecast from Ch 13 in Houston, ABC affiliate.
    A lot can happen between now and then.

[​IMG]

14. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

I just pulled out my rain slicker and put it in the gear pile. Glad I bought the awning. Can't be any worse than the Lake Grainger rally. 8|)

Phoodieman

15. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Well-Known Member

@Txbum - Yes, we will have our canopy, along with some folding tables. I've got to see just how many tables I can unbury in the attic tonight. I think I have two 6' tables up there. I know where one of my 4' tables is at and we have another somewhere.

Got some work done on the camper and truck over the weekend between all the rain - oil change, brake fluid flush, and replaced the burned out LED ceiling lights and one outlet in the camper. Hopefully there will be no maintenance going on with the camper while we're using it.

16. Merlin14

Merlin14 Active Member

Got some things loaded last night. We'll bring a ez-up and a table.
    Stacy says she'll make fried rice for the potluck. I'll make a pineapple upside down cake in DO.
    I have a reputation as a cook...a bad one, and am working to live it down.
    Staying far from the kitchen seems to help. I'll be there for non-technical support though.

17. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

i mean: will there be a central fire for fresh-cooked for Sat potluck?
    i was thinking to kmake veggie kabobs. cook right there.
    or is it “make ahead of time, reheat & eat?”
    if so, italian antipasta salad.

i have an ezup i will bring.

if it looks like rain, if ya help set it up, i have party size, EVERYONE will fit in shelter logic “garage” 10x20. its heavy, but its HUGE.
    (yes, my garage is full of camp gear!)

rain quit & it was mostly dry this morning, so i got camper down by mysef, 45 minutes.

truck has had oil change, breaks cleaned, new fuel filter, new front shocks. tires balanced & rotated.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  18. Txbum

Katskamper, usually potluck is prepared and ready to be set out on table at designated time. I will probably be real busy making sure all is set up and ready for the potluck dinner. Saturday morning breakfast is when the grills will appear at the same location where potluck dinner will be held. Breakfast will be prepared between 8 & 9 am. Coffee should be available before 8 am. Txbum

19. Txbum

Katskamper, we should be good on the canopies. Seem like there will be plenty. We place canopies end to end to make a long tent like structure. Once set up, the canopies stay there til time to leave. There is 4 already comitted. Thanks Robin, Adrian, Mark, Chris. Went and got the candies for the pinata!... I have made a stick to bust the pinata. Jane will need a volunteer to help stuff the goodie bags. Robin, I will bring poster board so we can post schedule of events. Let's get group photo just before pot luck please.

20. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Wow! Y’all are so technologically minded! I’m just plain ignorant of anything that works in my popup! Hope nothing goes out-that’s all!
    Well, I’m heading out about noon Wed. As long as I get set up, I don’t care when it rains. May not get the kayaks wet, but I’m bringing them anyway.
    Kat, cook whatever you want. Please don’t overdo because we always have plenty. We all pitch in to clean up. For Potluck, we cook at our sites and bring over to central area about 5:30-5:45 hot.
    Breakfast usually cooked at central by guys.
    Good luck with repairs all and safe travels to and from.
    Don’t forget, spaghetti, salad, garlic bread will be available at central #14 Fri evening.
    Robin