04 Fleetwood Hemlock: What should I do with it? Your thoughts are appreciated.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by RobBren, Jul 30, 2011.

1. jwolfe01

jwolfe01 Honeoye, NY

Figure that crank system out before you sell it. Its not even 10 years old, and thats nothing for a camper. Believe me, Im a bargain hunter, and love to find stuff that people just give up on. Half the time its something simple that costs next to nothing to fix, and I bought it for a song and a dance. I bought a car once, for a few hundred because the guy couldnt figure out why it wouldnt run without pouring gas in the carburetor. He rebuilt the carb, choke, new ignition system, etc and finally gave up. I brought it home on a flatbed, put 10 gallons of gas in the tank and it fired right up and ran great. Sold it for a big profit. Right now, Im working on a travel trailer that I bought for less than half of low retail because it had leaked and the floor was bad in the front corners. I have spent less than $200 on it so far and have the roof completely resealed, new vents on the roof, and the floors are in the progress of being prepped for new sections of OSB to be installed. Once thats done, its getting Allure flooring and will be ready to roll. Ill have less than $500 into it when Im done and could easily double my money on it. Many people either just dont realize what a difference taking a little time to figure something out can make.

2. bettyboopercindi

bettyboopercindi Bill And Cindi

Starcrafty...............You must LOVE Oreos.. Just SHUT THE FRONT DOOR. LOL :) [:)O] [CP]

3. zuley

zuley New Member

I certainly concur with the others who are suggesting you have it fixed it rather than scrapping the unit. We had a similar situation with our 02 Cheyenne a few years back. At the time I was new to this pop up thing and ended up dragging the pu to our dealer. They had to replace the assy where the crank handle slips in. The labor ended up being more than the part was worth. I suspect your problem is very simple as has been suggested. Don't turn your camper into a box trailer without first having the problem looked at.