07 Jayco Mystery Leak Help!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by Hammer_2012, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Hammer_2012

Hammer_2012 New Member

Picked up my 07 Jayco 1206 from storage and found a bunch of water on the floor. I noticed It leaks a bit in the front corner when setup but I can't pinpoint where the slow leak is coming from. We seem to get more water inside when the trailer is put down.

The bunks and everything up high stay dry but thr floor is soaked, could it be roof?seams or should I start looking elsewhere???

Frustrated! Any ideas as to where to start looking would be great!

Cheers

2. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

Of hand, I'd suspect the fridge vents, the door, the roof vent (or air conditioner gasket) and the roof seal. Wind can drive rain right through any of those areas, particularly the fridge vents.

Check the floor inside the fridge compartment for water damage on the walls on either side of the compartment. Inside the camper, check the wood paneling and framework at the bottom of the galley base cabinet directly under and on either side of the fridge door.

If you crawl inside the camper in full sun (I know it'll be cramped and hot in there), you may see daylight beneath or on top of the bottom door section. Same deal with the roof seal.

Check the ceiling surrounding the roof vent or air conditioner for obvious signs of water damage; staining, swelling, warping, sagging or bubbling and separation of the vinyl coating from the ceiling panel.

3. swordfish

swordfish Well-Known Member

My guess is your front storage area if there is one.
    Seal every seam and cracks with caulk. When in storage outdoor, lower the front end of the camper to let water drain off.

4. MNTCamper

MNTCamper Well-Known Member

Front storage area or the corner connections in the Aluminum on the main box.

5. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member

Had a similar problem a couple of years ago. Finally figured out it was from condensation. Opened the storage box, the underside of the lid was dripping with water. I had some 2x6 planks in the storage box, for leveling, that were completely soaked from condensation. I cleaned everything out of the storage box and completely dried it out. Then raised the camper and did the same inside.

Everything but the 2x6 went back in after drying the camper out. I am lucky to be able to store the camper at home, so when it's home I only latch the center latch of the storage box lid to allow the camper to breath better.