1 Lb. Propane tanks.

Discussion in 'Propane - Got Gas' started by tombiasi, Sep 8, 2021.

1. dbhost

dbhost Well-Known Member

The lowest I had seen them was just prior to COVID when I first learned of their existence. I saw them at $12.99 each. Don't recall the cost of the refill kit. Since COVID prices shot WAY up.

The $44.95 for the refill kit, and the $14.99 for the refillable bottles at REI is the lowest price I have seen since COVID messed the world up.

Honestly I would LOVE to have been able to grab the refill kit and bottles at the prices you showed... Sweet!

2. Grandpa Don

Grandpa Don Well-Known Member

I got a reply from Flame King. Below is the quote.

Hello Don,
    Thank you for reaching out to Flame King and for your interest in our product line!

We are currently out of stock on all platforms on the 1 lb refillable tank and refill kit but really are hoping to get it back in stock by the end of October or middle of November. Many delays are still being caused by the pandemic unfortunately.
    Refresh the tab below every so often in case we get lucky and they arrive earlier! There should also be a 'notify me when in stock' option on the listings for Amazon, Homedepot and Walmart that you can use as well."

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/...&visitId=cbd223c3-6613-4d89-bc1b-d37f1983c821

Patrick w and Sjm9911 like this.
  3. dbhost

dbhost Well-Known Member

That's the same email I got from them back in July, and then they were saying September. REI still shows them in stock. Might be NOS, or they might have gotten the first shipments, who knows?

I know the 'rona messed all sorts of supply chains up, and that the Flame King unfortunately are NOT USA made... At the prices they ask for them, they REALLY should be!

4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I just bought papaer towles at costco, got the last one, but the lable was funny. I asked and rhe guy said they shipped them from canada, the other side of the paper towles were in french. So , yea the supply lines are still messed up.

5. Grandpa Don

Sjm9911 likes this.
  6. Patrick w

Patrick w Active Member

same for hvac parts.

7. Patrick w

Patrick w Active Member

you see the refill bottles at rei? I dont...

8. dbhost

dbhost Well-Known Member

As recently as yesterday. With the kit I grabbed a total of 5 bottles.

If they are out today, I must've gotten lucky.

9. Grandpa Don

Have you received them yet?

10. dbhost

dbhost Well-Known Member

Yes. All 5. Last week actually. I ordered and recieved a cooler bag to stow them in as well to keep them from banging into each other.

I'm not sure I will go for more, but I might if they come back out at a good price. 1lb bottles are a LOT easier to manage than 10lb, or 20lb bottles, especially in the trunk of the car... There are all sorts of funky cubby holes in the trunk that the basically lunch bag cooler with propane bottles will fit. But with the safety rings and all, even a 5lb bottle is just too chunky.

Grandpa Don likes this.
  11. Grandpa Don

I only have 3 bottles and the filler kit. I always take an extra full 20lb tank with me. So I can refill any time. But actually I don't use much bottled propane. I use an LED light for camp lighting, and my cook stove plugs into my main line on the camper. My little BBQ is the only thing I would need the 1lb bottles for. I could get the adapter to run the BBQ off of the main line if I wanted. Then I would need these bottle at all.

12. Patrick w

Patrick w Active Member

I just ordered my starter kit yesterday from them, and they were out! I guess I keep checking

13. dbhost

dbhost Well-Known Member

Wow. They came off of inventory really quick. I guess I need to count my blassings on being able to get mine.

Hopefully they will continue working the kinks out of the supply and production chain.

14. Dave Brick

Dave Brick El Cheapo Family Camper

Back to the OP...
    4.99 at Cabela's yesterday, several cases in stock. 4.97 at my local Walmart, also good stock. I have a few already in the camper, plus 3 20# tanks in the garage, so I didn't buy any. I haven't started refilling yet, but probably will get the refill gadget, just to keep my options open. I have 2 propane stoves, and a propane lantern. I'm currently looking around for a deal on a coleman fuel powered stove. checking CL and garage sales.

15. JAM21

JAM21 New Member

16. tfischer

tfischer A bad day camping beats a good day at the office

I have to believe that the containers cost more than the propane inside to manufacture. Such an inefficient delivery system.

dbhost and Dave Brick like this.
  17. Grandpa Don

If you get the refill adapter to refill the tanks, I would suggest also getting the small scale so you can tell when they are full. That will increase your safety level for each tank. I have the Flame King refill kit which is much safer, but I also have a coupe green bottles that I keep on had for anyone else in camp that runs out. If I refill their green tanks I also use the scale to be safe. I have it marked on the tanks, but I think 29 fluid Oz makes a full tank. The scale is not very expensive at all.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06X9NQ8GX?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

18. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'...

kcsa75 likes this.
  19. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

They know this already but apparently just don't care.

kcsa75, dbhost and BikeNFish like this.
  20. dbhost

dbhost Well-Known Member

I've set it out there for all to see and ponder. We are all adults here, I think... Do your own thing and enjoy, and if you blow up, make sure it isn't my problem.