10.31.21 Current Market?

Discussion in 'RV Industry & Camping Related News' started by Chaznsc, Oct 31, 2021.

1. Chaznsc

Chaznsc New Member

The camper market has been on fire in my area for well over a year now. . New units on back order and used units commanding ridiculous prices. No complaints, I simply stopped looking.

Is it showing any signs of cooling off where you are?

2. Westcoast

Westcoast Active Member

Not at all in California. Lot's of paid for and not used spot's.who can plan six months in advance.?

3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Well I was starting to see more gently used campers back on the market but unfortunately selling for ridiculous prices. Seems to be many of those people who bought their camper brand new during Covid at high cost is trying to recoup their loss and pay their loan off by trying to sell their camper high. So good in that there are more campers coming back on market but still not to a buyers benefit. I suspect when spring comes that trend may still continue. Got to think many of the Covid buyers now hold massive loans on their campers they bought new and are going to want that loan paid off. Perhaps if the market becomes flooded, sellers may be forced to take a loss but I believe we have a long way to go before then.

neighbormike likes this.
  4. Econ

Econ Well-Known Member

Patience, the herd always gets it wrong til the last second,,, when it is too late,,, they will see.

5. theseus

theseus Living the Darkside... Silver Supporting Member

The manufacturers are back ordered on units until next summer. I would guess that will keep the market hot until 2023