10x10 ABC canopy review

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by Arlyn Aronson, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

This past week, we picked up a 10 x 10 ABC canopy from amzony to help keep things dry in case of a rain or it happens to be buggy out. Its suppose to be a professional one and does weight a bit much. Over the long weekend, we got to set it up and put it to use. We also got 2 solid walls with it for cool days to block a breeze. The size did fit nicely over the NFS picnic table. https://tinyurl.com/yyyoy7nc

We liked it! P1070391.jpg P1070404.jpg P1070521.jpg

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    Kampus, Overland and Sjm9911 like this.
  2. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

Looks good. The walls are a nice addition

3. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

These inexpensive Chinese manufactured canopies are common as nails and are sold under a variety of names. I bought an Ozark Trail 10'x10' straight leg version that's sold here in Canada at Wally World and use it not just when camping but also here at the house whenever I'm working outside on a project and need protection from the rain. Mine included one fabric wall and because we're mostly interested in blocking cold wind & rain during early spring or late fall camping I made up a 3-wall panel using inexpensive 6' x 8' white tarps. It takes but minutes to hang from the canopy frame with nylon cable ties, minutes to later remove - set it up so the one open side faces toward to the campfire and we can all sit around it warm as toast no matter what the weather may be. These are pics from when I did a test setup on our deck here at the house.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

When I went to an apple festival once and of course it had to rain. [;{}] many of the vendors used clear vinyl shower curtains as walls, I don't quite know how they attached it but thought that was a cheap alternative. Something I figured I could rig up if I needed. The clear walls would enable me to still see out vrs a solid wall.

5. Arlyn Aronson

ABC offered solid walls made from the same material as the canopy and they simply replace the screened walls. They didn't cost all that much so we got 2 of them as wind blocks in cooler weather.

6. Arlyn Aronson

We returned from camp II last night where we used this ABC canopy. This one is marketed as "professional" made for use by vendors and after 2 camps, we'll now give a more complete review of it. We like it!

Yes, there are enough canopy makers to start a canopy club, but no, they are not all the same.

It's reasonably easy to set up with two people, in fact, we should be able to set it up in 10 minutes if we become proficient.

Seems its heavy enough could take some wind, if properly staked down.

With the extra solid walls we purchased wit it as seen below, it became a nice wind block for the cooler temps we camped in over the weekend. The breeze was the only reason we set it up over the weekend.

Down side was it didn't come with enough stakes and its quite heavy.

Nonetheless, it will last us a few years and ABC sells parts for it. Its a keeper!

P1070661.jpg
    P1070589.jpg P1070593.jpg P1070649.jpg

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019