14 occupied sites in loop, 10 are brand new campers.

RockyRoo

Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD
Jun 8, 2012
The bright side is its great entertainment watching some of these morons.
Wait, were you watching when we pulled in yesterday??? I am sure the people across the street were entertained. Same went for today, quite certain the people next door enjoyed the show. You would think we have never done this before, and we have been on this site every year for the past 4 years.

Last edited:

RockyRoo

Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD
Jun 8, 2012
I just took Gus for a walk and for all intents and purposes this place is empty. Yet somehow there manages to be these 2 yahoos a couple rows down that are directly across from each other having a competition to see who’s radio is louder. [::)]

Indiobravo

Feb 5, 2020
Raleigh, NC
on my first trip out i had a Class A two sites over. they had an externally mounted flat screen - 60/70" - on most of the evening. watching game shows. sitting outside watching tv. so glad they felt the need to share.

tenttrailer

Art & Joyce - Columbus, O
Jul 18, 2013
Thornville, OH
Yep
Depends on the campground. Where we camp over the 4th, reservations open up 90 days prior to the date you start your reservation. So some people will book from June 30 through July 5 and only occupy the site from, say, July 3-5. The campground won't let you shorten a reservation without camping and rebooking, so often the only way to get a site is to play that game and just show up late. It's only like $20 a night anyway.

I did that at ACOE cs that was 10 miles from the longest duration of the full eclips a few years back. But I showed you at the date of arrival.

But what I have been seeing reserve for 2 to 4 days and never show up.

StormFuel

Aug 19, 2020
We went out to Lake Livingston State Park this weekend and someone parked across from us in a full size RV had an LED sign with the US Flag on their front window. They kept that thing on all night long. I felt bad for the people around us who were sleeping in tents. Thankfully we had installed reflectix material on our windows so the leakage was minimized. What’s the etiquete for asking people to turn off their lights? I was thinking about going over there to complement them on their beautiful sign, maybe sing the national anthem and say the pledge with them a couple of times and then kindly ask them to turn it off at night but I never saw them come out of their camper. In all seriousness, I’m as proud of our country and I have no qualms with anyone who reveres the flag. I just don’t think you need to have a 3000 lumens LED sign on all night.

tfischer

A bad day camping beats a good day at the office
Haha just camped this weekend (stunning and amazing with the peak color, by the way) and someone had an LED flag hung outside. Pretty sure they left it on all night also. We could see it from our site but were pretty screened from the light from it. Tents were across the road from it though...

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
Just go up to them and tell them that the lught is bright and keeping you up at night. Explain that in a tent its visable. Everyone i told that too never knew that it was bothering others. And they shut them off at night after that.

John Reagan

Oct 9, 2020
Leavenworth, Washington
I'm in a few Facebook RV groups. Occasionally someone will ask about adding an exterior TV & speakers to their rig. The couple of times that I've commented that I don't want to be camping where one of these is being used, I've been bombarded with hate replys.

WrkrBee

Super Active Member
May 23, 2018
South Carolina
I'm in a few Facebook RV groups. Occasionally someone will ask about adding an exterior TV & speakers to their rig. The couple of times that I've commented that I don't want to be camping where one of these is being used, I've been bombarded with hate replys.
Haters gonna hate. I don't see the need of a TV, also. I've never followed sports, but seen plenty of people watch their "ball chasers" at campgrounds.

tenttrailer

Art & Joyce - Columbus, O
Jul 18, 2013
Thornville, OH
We have had a TV antenna on our campers for at least 10 years. When flat panel tv became less expensive I got a 17 inch one. It was used maybe 10 times in 10+ years. Most of the time when it rains and GK's are with us. Now the MH we use it a bit more on or longer 3+ week trips.

tfischer

This is why I avoid "RV Groups" lol. Totally different mindset than most people here and on other popup groups. You're more likely to get questions about how to repair a deck at a seasonal on one of those groups than you are how to deal with the canvas...

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
I will say i use the tv every trip. (Inside) this was with the pup and the new TT. My kido needs to settle in for bed. She will have too much energy if i can not focous it somewhere. So , the TV lets me relax outside for an hour or so while she watches a movie and gets sleepy.

firepit

Super Active Member
Feb 26, 2020
Somebody is sure making a ton of money on the rope...colored LED lights...Darn near every camper
has them on the ground around the whole camper around here.
As far as the newbies...I cut them slack....We were all newbies at some point.
The light from the fire is all i use once the sun sets out camping....Less light means less bugs.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
I had an led strip inside the pup, the kind you can change the color. I used the blue at night so you could see inside to use the bathroom, erc, without attracting bugs from the overhead lights. .

tfischer

Colored rope on the ground doesn't bother me at all. I mean you shouldn't leave it on overnight, but it's good for ambient light around the site so you don't trip over a tree root or something. When we have Shore Power I hang up white LED "christmas" lights on the awning for the same reason. They go out once we go in for the night.

firepit

Super Active Member
Feb 26, 2020
Colored rope on the ground doesn't bother me at all. I mean you shouldn't leave it on overnight, but it's good for ambient light around the site so you don't trip over a tree root or something. When we have Shore Power I hang up white LED "christmas" lights on the awning for the same reason. They go out once we go in for the night.
I don't mind them either....Has anyone else noticed how early people go to bed anymore?
My fav campground i have been going to since i was a kid....Almost everyone is in bed by 10PM.
Growing up...The whole campground had fires going and people sitting around them till well past midnight.
Most the time we were off fishing till 2 or 3 am.

tfischer

I don't mind them either....Has anyone else noticed how early people go to bed anymore?
My fav campground i have been going to since i was a kid....Almost everyone is in bed by 10PM.
Growing up...The whole campground had fires going and people sitting around them till well past midnight.
Most the time we were off fishing till 2 or 3 am.

Yes, seems to be a recent thing too. We still stay up until midnight, often around the campfire or playing games outside. We try to be quiet but it does make me nervous that we're bothering people who we haven't seen outside since about 8:30 lol.

Even when we camped with toddlers, we'd put them down, then sit outside for some adult time.